Thursday, March 27, 2008

American Idol!

I knew I was hooked to this show when I saw the Finale between Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice. I was so inspired by this young country girl making her dreams come true. Until then, Wade and I didn't have television, and I just heard people talk about it. In St. George, my friends Mardi Gubler and Kiki Shakespeare-Thompson and I would get together and have girls night and watch it. Good times! :) Now that I'm in Salt Lake, Wade and I record it and then watch it after Emily and Jonathan are asleep for the night. Nothing moves me like good music, and when I watch this show, I just get happy all over! I don't care if the artist singing isn't the best, if it's a good song, I'll jump in and sing along. But mostly I appreciate when the artist is talented enough to be RIGHT ON, if you know what I mean. Some of the best artists American Idol has introduced to the world like Carrie, Bo, Chris Daughtry, Melinda Dolittle, Blake Lewis, and Jordon Sparks, I could listen to again and again. Wade and I even rocked out at the American Idol concert last year...just us and thousands of 13 year-old girls! It was so funny to be surrounded by all these young girls who wanted to marry Blake! This season, I am absolutely thrilled that talent like David Archuleta and Brooke White are in the top 12! They're such a breath of fresh air in an industry that has declining values. You can't help but like them, but also, they can both genuinely SING! They're amazing! Poor Brooke can't dance at ALL, right Kim? But she sure can sing her heart out and I just love to listen to that deep, soulful sound! Wade just added David and Brooke to our blog play list, if you want to listen. I'm also a fan of David Cook and his unique style and I think Michael Johns could go far! Anyway, I just wanted to talk a little bit about this crazy show that keeps me coming back for more! I know there are Idol fans out there...what do you guys think about the show and about this season?

6 comments:

Karen said...

I don't watch American Idol because of the time it comes on. It's usually on when we are sitting down to eat dinner and then after that, I clean up and we play as a family, it's the only play time Ethan gets with Mike during the day. And we don't have a VCR to record it. I'd love to get a DVR but it's too much, for now. Maybe someday....

I went to a Backstreet Boys concert with Julie and Stacey in 99 and we had a BLAST! The next summer, I went to an 'NSYNC concert with my best friend. Both of those concerts, we were some of the oldest ones there, besides the moms and dads, and we were also the loudest. I love going to concerts with girls and being able to yell like that. I couldn't do that last year when Mike took me to Rascal Flatts! I screamed and I think Mike was jealous because I was screaming at Gary and how hot he is. But hey, I love Mike and Gary is married with kids anyway. Still has a great voice and is hot!

Kelly said...

I was totally going to post something on American Idol on my blog. So funny! I was going to say the same thing. I love David and Brooke. Yes, Brooke can't dance, but that's part of her charm because that's how I dance. I'm not too skilled in the dancing area, I'm more like a turkey that just plucked. Anyway, I also like Michael Johns. I really like David Cooks last performance of Billie Jean. I really think David is going to go to the end...wouldn't that be cool to see his hometown of Murray (where I was born) on TV?
*Hey, I read the comment before me, I also went to that Backstreet Boys Concert and took a friend with me. We also had a blast with all the 12 year old girls screaming. I'm a sucker for boy bands. If anyone liked N'sync you should go to MTV.com and go to the top videos of 1998 or 99 and watch the N'Sync video...they look like babies!!

Lyman and Kim said...

Yes, totally agree about Brooke.

She reminds me a little bit of another Sheryl Crowe. You never really see her jammin' out without her guitar. Very talented though still the same. Before this season I probably only watched a total of 1.5 episodes of American Idol and that is due to Catherine. This season with the strike going with the writers I found myself watching American Idol and really enjoying it. I've watched it every week since the season started. I too have to record it most of the time and watch it later due to parenthood responsibilities...but kind of nice to fast forward past all the commercials and get back to the good stuff. I foresee Carly, Brooke, David A. and David C. being the top four...from there I don't dare guess who will win. All are very talented in their own way.

Rach said...

Man, I think everyone is obsessed with this show. I love that Brooke and David are making mormons look sooo good. They are both so sweet--and talented. I love it.

Cynthia said...

Yeah, I LOVE Brooke, even I knew she was mormon... I only found out like 2 weeks ago... but sorry Catherine... I don't agree with you on Michael Johns... I really don't like him...

Cynthia said...

I meant to say that I loved brooke even BEFORE I knew she was mormon.