Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Callister Cousins

On Friday, we had a cousin get together with just the girls in Orem. And since my mom was in town, it was really nice to spend time with her as well. I have the most FUN aunts and cousins on the planet! They rock! They will even agree with me when they comment on this blog post! ;) Seriously, we had such a good time just laughing and joking around and eating a nice lunch. I didn't take any pictures of my cute cousins or aunts, so next time we get together, I'll have to do that, but for now, here are some highlights of our day. Jonathan climbing on the table like a monkey! What I tried to capture on camera, but couldn't because he was too FAST was Jono, Julie's 1 year old boy, who climbed up and around and down the table in a circle again and again. My Jon was trying so hard to catch up with Jono that when he finally climbed onto the table, Jono was ALREADY down on the ground ready to do it all over again! "Get me down!"
(I had to post this one. Aren't the ornery shots usually funnier than the cute ones anyway?!)
Emmy decorating a cake with Grandma Lang

"Grandma, hurry up and finish so you can start eating it like me!"Here's Jon just hanging out with Grandma after lunch. Doesn't my mom have a great smile? In high school, she was voted "Prettiest Smile!" She's such a happy person! I really think her positive attitude had a great influence on me growing up. Thanks for all you do mom! Love you!
Emily adores Ethan, my cousin Karen's litte guy! They have a blast playing together! They chase each other up and down the hall laughing and then run to the couch and FLOP upon it. I'm really looking forward to more cousin get togethers! Thanks Aunt Anne for letting us all invade your house! As much fun as my kids had, I think I had even more fun just relaxing and talking with my awesome cousins and aunts! What a way to spend a day, huh?

13 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yeah, Max has been climbing on the coffee table lately... I tell him no no, but then he just grins at me with his teeth clenched together and lips apart smile... It's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

It is so crazy to see your kids so grown up, especially Jonathan. Emily is such a beautiful little girl, and looks like she is good at making cakes too. She'll be quite a catch.

Karen said...

Ethan love Emily too!

Eileen said...

I think I have the most beautiful wonderful grandchildren. But then I can say that...I'm the grandma and I'm not impartial at all---am I Lois?

Carlos said...

Fun times! I can't believe how fast your little ones are growing up!

Traciannee said...

I just have to comment on how much I love little Johnathon's smile. I had so much fun watching him. He is so ticklish. Cute decorating skill, Emily.

Kelly said...

How fun. The kids look like they had a lot of fun! Aren't aunts the best? I love mine also, luckily I live pretty close to them. The zoo looked like fun also. I didn't know about the free day, I'll have to remember that for next year.

Wade said...

I love my kids! They are adorable. Thanks for posting these great photos Cath!

Julie said...

I can't think of a better way to spend the day. We need to keep this tradition up!

Megan said...

I am sad that I missed it because it sounded very fun! It's so great to have cousins close by to hang out with!

Kelly said...

Wade: Yes, my parents have moved about 5 times since 2000. They are not very financially savvy. My dad has been though just about as many jobs. I'm just grateful they were somewhat stable while I was in high school...I feel bad for my brothers. Anyway, we live in Riverton, on the border of Herriman. Yes, we are still there. We love our home and our ward. We've thought about moving to Tooele, but we just got a Baskin Robbins close to us...now I can't leave! :-) It is also fun to see what you and your family are up to. Where are you living?
Catherine: Let's do a play date. I think Emily and Ryan are close enough in age they'd have fun together. It's probably busy right now with Easter, but let us know when you can.

flr said...

What cute kids. I really like the ornery one on Jon!
Thanks for starting the blog. What a great way to keep us posted - and a history for your family.

Megan said...

Thanks for your comment! You are sweet!

I'm not sure if we are coming to UT this summer. We'd like to, but Tommy doesn't get any time off, so we may have to wait until Christmas.