Monday, March 10, 2008

Snowmen fall from heaven unassembled!

On President's Day, Wade had the day off at the bank, so we decided to build a snowman as a family. Honestly, we had been planning on doing it ALL winter, and our Saturdays kept being gobbled up by other things...good things...just not "playing in the snow" things. It's always been important to us to spend quality time together as a family, but with this cold winter that we have had this year, we sure have spent a lot of that quality time INDOORS rather than OUT! Anyway, we had such a blast playing in the snow and building this snowman, and we're thankful to Dad and Claudia for the "Snowman Kit" that helped make our snowman look extra special!
Our little blue polar bear...We love you Jonathan! Luckily, we were smart and took a picture of him when he was still warm and happy! We won't post his "Get me out of the cold NOW!" pictures. We'll save those for another day...
Emily and Mommy "pat, pat, pat" the snow to create a nice, solid base for the snowman.
Helping daddy
"Mommy! Daddy! Come try some of this! It tastes REALLY yummy!"
Doesn't he look great? When we finished and went inside for hot chocolate, Emily kept looking out the window and saying, "Hi no-man! Hi no man!" (since she tends to leave off the "S" on words like "snow") For the next few days, we sang again and again, "Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman. Once there was a snowman tall, tall, tall..." As much as we loved this experience and were proud of our good looking snowman, we weren't TOO bummed when the sun came out and melted him "small, small, small" because we LOVE the springtime, so bring on that warm weather, baby! The Reed family is ready to go biking, hiking and camping once again. Anyone want to join us? :)

10 comments:

Traciannee said...

I love your TALL snowman. I only saw it after the sun had melted it small, small, small. That is so cute that Emily would wave at the snowman from the window. I would love to see the Jonathan "get me out of here picture" those are the cutest.
We are up to hiking, biking, camping and anything else we can do in warm weather!

Traciannee said...

Oh, and I love your new background. Very Cute!

Carlos said...

Hehe, Love your snowman. He was really dressed up spiffy! Yes, I am not missing the coldness either...BRING ON THE SPRING!

Kelly said...

Love the snowman! I'm all for the spring. We want to join you hiking, biking and camping! (I'm not a big camper, but I have 3 boys who love to go, so I better get used to it).

Karen said...

Where do all the Saturdays go? And so fast!

Jodi Rae said...

Hey your blog looks great! I miss building snowmen, but I wouldn't trade the weather down here for anything :). Your kids are really so cute! I am glad you invited me!! Thanks...talk to you soon.

Megan said...

That is an awesome snowman. Sometimes I wish we had snow so we could do all the fun "snow" things as a family. But then again I do love the 70 degree days in Feb and March!

Kristal said...

Regan loved seeing the pictures of the snowman. And she liked the music on your blog. She said,"Hear dat? Dats da music." So how is the potty training going? Now that you are a private blog, you can take off the word verification. Just a thought.

Shawn said...

Your kids are soo cute! Emily looks just like you! And how fun to have snow in your yard! That's something you'll never see here in Arizona! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Very cute snowman pictures. If you come back to St. George you can do all the hiking and biking you want. Just a thought.