I went to visit my friend, Michelle, in the hospital yesterday, and I fell in love with her beautiful baby girl, Lacey! She was so tiny and precious, and when I was holding her in my arms, I got baby hungry all at once. Of course it only lasted for maybe 30 seconds, at which point Jonathan started whining and trying to climb up me (a little jealous, I think) and Emily started whining for food. My kids aren't big whiners, so it surprised me that they were both wanting my attention so immediately! And I was really enjoying being in the moment with this cute newborn! Oh, well, what do you do? They're my kids, and they deserve my attention. When Wade and I do have our third baby, we'll need to learn how to divide our attention among the three kids, and then the four kids, and then the twelve kids...no, just kidding. I REALLY don't think we'll have that many kids, but I bet your eyes got big for a second, huh? ;)
As I drove home from the hospital, I thought about how Heavenly Father is so amazing to create these perfect little infants. I just think all babies are miracles! I think about my sweet friends whose babies had complications and who then had to spend extra time in the hospital, and I truly believe those babies are perfect little miracles too!

2 years and 6 months ago, Wade and I were blessed with this little angel. After two miscarriages and a lot of tears, I was so grateful to finally be a mother! Being a mom feels so right to me. It's like I was born to do this--to love and teach my children. I still look at Emily from across the room, and think "You are so pretty!" Don't we all do that with our kids?

Emily, I want you to know how lucky I feel to be your mom. You're the happiest little girl, and have always been so calm and easy going, just like your dad. We love you Emily!

We thought it would be fun to be surprised about the gender of baby #2, so I didn't know Jonathan was a boy till literally 5 seconds after he was born. The nurse told us and then handed him to me, and I just gleamed with tears in my eyes and whispered to my newborn boy, "I have a son." I was thrilled to have a boy, and I know Wade was as well!

Jonathan, you are so special. It's been fun to see how different you are from your sister. You're full of energy and life. You're even a little fiesty at times, like your mom! :) You make us so happy, with that great, big smile of yours and an even bigger personality! Thanks for being a part of our family! We love you Jon!
14 comments:
For about two seconds when I read my friends' blogs who are expecting I think that I want to be pregnant again with all of the impending excitement that a pregnancy brings. Then I snap back into my sleep-deprived, post-partum reality and put that thought on the back burner for another couple of years.
Ahh, Catherine! You are so cute, and those pictures of Emily and Jon are so adorable! You're such a good mom and I'm excited to be one soon too! :)
How sweet was that! You are such a good mom. Watching you with your kids the other day made me realize I need to do better. You're kids are very sweet and good kids. I love babies also. It's hard to hold one and not get baby hungry. I'm one of those people that gaulk at the tiny babies when mom's are holding them, and they're thinking...hmm, does she think my baby is cute, or is she going to try to kidnap him?
Love the flash back pics. Your kids are darling. You probably could have 12 kids, couldn't you?? Just kidding. I wouldn't wish that on anyone...As wonderful as children are, 12 might put even the most perfect mother over the edge. :)
You are such a good example to me of what a good mother should be. I look up to you so much! I think, "Now what would Cathrine do? She wouldn't beat her kids..." J/K...but seriously I think about how much you love your kids and how much you love spending time with them and I try to be like you. You're awesome!!
p.s. how is the potty training going?
What a sweet post! You are such a good mom!!
Your kids are so cute, and you're such a cute mom! You'll have to let me know when you're planning for your third! We seem to be on the same track with these kids of ours! I'm shooting to get pregnant again in May of 09. You?
Wow, thanks for reminding me of that, Catherine. They are really miracles, aren't they?
Ditto to everyones comment on you being a great mom...I agree! I am glad to know there are people out there that actually get baby hungry holding a baby. I have never experienced that and actually enjoy them more once they are about 1. The thought of the toddler is what makes it fun for me, and I will miss it when it is gone that is for sure.
We miss you.
You were born to be a mother, Catherine. You are a good example to all of us of truly loving your calling as a mom. You are wonderful with your beautiful, happy children.
You guys are all so sweet! Thank you so much for your comments. It always brings a smile to my face to read your thoughts. I feel so lucky to have you all in my life!
I love looking back at my kids baby pictures too! It is crazy to imagine life with out them. I always wonder "What did I do with all that free time?" :) I wouldn't change it for the world though...
You brought a few little tears to my eyes because of the wonderful mother you are to your children. I am sure how ever many (12) you have each one will know with out a doubt how much you love them.
Thanks for being such a great example and friend!
Post a Comment