Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Marathon & Discovery Gateway

My brother, Randy, and his family came to Salt Lake a few weekends ago for the Marathon. My sister-in-law, Andrea, ran the half marathon and did awesome! My cute nieces, Brooklyn and Whitney, ran the 1K Kids Run. They were so pumped up and excited to run it, and we were just happy to be there, cheering them on! I took these pictures with my cell phone camera, so they are a little blurry, but hopefully, you can still enjoy them!

My niece, Brooklyn, is the one on the left in pink, slapping hands with the crowd. :) My big bro is in the red, running along side her. What a great dad!

Cath, Emily, Whitney, and Brooklyn

After the Marathon, we enjoyed a Pork Salad at Costa Vida (lovin' it!) Then we played at Discovery Gateway, an amazing children's museum. We hadn't been before, since it's a little pricey, but Randy and Andrea were generous and paid for all of us. We were so grateful for that! Because it was our first experience, it was a novelty for us, and the kids were absolutely fascinated with everything there (we were, too)! Emily was particularly amazed by these tunnels that wind around each other and balls shoot up through them in all directions. It's interactive, so Emily could put a ball into the tunnel and it would shoot up real fast, so it was like her own little science experiment, again and again. So fun!

Jonathan loved crawling up this tree house and playing peek-a-boo with us. What a funny little guy!


Just chilin' with daddy!

Discovery Gateway was awesome, and we decided we will definitely need to go back. But the best part of the day was simply spending time with Randy and Andrea and their girls. Even when Wade and I lived in St. George and they did too, we mostly only hung out with them when the whole family was getting together for special occasions. Now that they're in Southern California and we're in northern Utah, we've really missed them, and it was so great just to spend time with them like friends. I have always known how lucky I am to have an older brother like Randy, but watching him with his family and seeing the amazing father and husband he is, makes me proud to be his sister. I love ya, bro!

8 comments:

Traciannee said...

Great little pictures. Darling little Emily loving the balls and air tunnels. Like always Johnathon sporting my favorite "big smile".

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun day with everyone together. I am impressed that Andrea ran a half-marathon and still had the energy to chase kids around Discovery Gateway. You can tell they are having a blast.

Kristen said...

I love that Brooklyn is high fiving the crowd. That's great.

Ali said...

Discovery Gateway is fabulous, I agree. However, that IS the infamous place where my daughter outed me while I was on the toilet. Agh!

Karen said...

That looks like fun. Next time Randy is feeling generous, send him my way!

Katie Leigh said...

I can't believe how big your nieces are! It makes me feel so old!

---- said...

Looks fun! I wish we had something like Discovery Gateway down here in So. Utah!
Sorry about not catching up with you last week..it was a crazy week for me and Kaden! I will definitely catch up with you next time FOR SURE!!

Emily said...

The museuem looks like so much fun! Even though I'm not a kid, I think I'd still love it just as much. Your kids are so adorable!