Each child adopted their own baby calf for the weekend. Emily named her calf, "moo, moo." I thought it was pretty cute for my two-year old to think of that name! :)
Here are all the cousins playing in the water. When Emily sees this picture, she has to point out Ethan and Hailey every time. Isn't it fun that our kids remember each other?
In the program that night, my sister, Ruthanne had a cute idea that we could spell out my grandpa's name, RULON, with our bodies and that each letter could represent one of his qualities. We even ran up cheering, "Rulon, Rulon, Rulon..." It made my Grandpa smile. :)
Go Emily! Hit that pinata!
The last day of the reunion, we held an open house party to celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday. He was quite emotional to have so many of his friends and family come see him. I know he's touched many lives. He's a pretty special person.
I can't help but smile when I see this picture because it brings me so much joy seeing my family and how we have grown. My parents have 6 children, and now there are 28 of us in all. It's not too often we're all together in the same place, so this was a really neat time for all of us.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Callister Family Reunion
On our way home from Montana, we stopped in Howe, Idaho at my Grandpa's Dairy Farm for the Callister Family Reunion. Howe is a little town, (population: 50) an hour west of Idaho Falls. But we love it there! We all camped in my Grandpa's yard, played games, rode four-wheelers, and visited the cows over and over again. My kids were in heaven on the farm. It was great!
My cousin, Karen, and I were in charge of games for the kids, and this game called "Shark" was definitely the favorite. We found it on this Disney website. One shark would call out "fishie, fishie, cross my ocean" and then try to tag the rest of the kids who were the fish, but if the fish ran to one of the dens (hula hoops), then they would be safe. If they were tagged, then they became a shark too. It was a hit! And no one really felt like a loser because it was cool to be a shark or a fish. They kids loved it!
And of course the kids wanted to play Red Rover. In the background, you can see a big yellow school bus. After we played games, we all jumped in the school bus and went for a ride up the mountain for a hike and picnic. It was a crazy, bumpy ride taking a bus on those dirt roads, but Emily was just happy to sing "The Wheels on the Bus" again and again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of your whole family! I started at the left, looking at everyone, and how old their kids are. I was thinking, "Awww, how cute! I haven't seen these people in a long time," and then I came across Ruthanne and Austin. It just looked so funny to see your family that I've know for like fifteen years, and then there's Mike's roommate from before we were married. So weird!
And at the risk of getting called Lenore, take that darn apostrophe off the title of your blog! Apostrophes show possession! You know that!
It must be reunion season in Utah! I swear everyone I know lately has been to a reunion in the last month! Either that or everyone belongs to the same family...which I guess in Utah is entirely possible! :) Looks like a ton of fun though!
Fun music. Your big family picture is fun. I'm glad that all of you were there.
When I saw our family picture I thought...Whoa! That's a lot of people. When we're with each other it doesn't seem like that many people. I like your new background! It's cute.
Catherine!!! I love you and miss you! You are the cutest person in the world with the CUTEST little family! Your little girl is so big now and you have another one??? He's a cutie...how old is he? It looks like you are all doing well for yourselves. I am so glad that you found me :D Definitely keep in touch :)
That's picture of your whole family is crazy! I couldn't believe how many grandkids there are! There were a few kids that I didn't know who they belonged to... How many kids do Nick, Randy, and Steve have??
Post a Comment