1. We were getting ready to have family prayer with all of us folding our arms, including Jon, although he doesn't last too long. Wade began to pray aloud when Emily started shouting, "Pray, mister, pray. Jonny's not praying!" I opened my eyes to see her disheartened look towards her baby brother. And then she shouted again, "Pray, Mister Jonny, pray!" Big sisters are supposed to be bossy, right?
2. Ever since we started working on potty training, I tell Emily that I'm proud of her every time she goes potty. Now, she always follows me to the toilet, and with pure sincerity tells me, "Mommy, I'm so proud of you. You go pee pee in the potty. You a big girl, like me!" The funniest part about it is how she says it so motherly and with great enthusiasm on the last part. Where does she pick this stuff up anyway?
3. Emily has become a big fan of Elmo from Sesame Street ever since her friend Elyse gave her a hand-me-down shirt with Elmo on it. Last night, at story time, she was frantically searching for a certain book, and I asked, "What book are you looking for, Em?"
Em: "you know, mom, da one wif Nemo" (I knew she meant the Elmo book, she just pronounces it with the N in front for some reason. It's really kind of cute)
Me: "you mean Elmo?"
Em: "Dat's what I said, Nemo!"
I picked up the Elmo book, handed it to her, to which she shouted with enthusiasm,"Nemo!"
We love you Emmy! You always make us laugh. : )
9 comments:
Wow, you blogged a lot today! I love Emily. She is so funny. My favorite thing she says is that I'm her favorite aunt. :) She scrunches up her nose and shoulders with a big smile on her smile and points to me. I need to come visit because I miss the kids.
We in Florida are glad to hear you are a big girl! :) I hope your daughter gives you a treat when you do go pee pee in the potty because you deserve it!
Very funny blog.
Hahaha, I love little kids!!!! They always catch you off guard.
Too cute! Love the mister Jonny line.
That's awesome! Elora used to call Elmo, "Melmo" Don't ya just love the cute things our kids do?
Wow! I haven't been keeping up on blogs to well have I? Looks like things are still going great for you and your cute little family!!
I love when your kids start copying you and you are like "oh that is so cute!!" Although, sometimes Whitney says stuff that I know she only got from me and I think "oh wow...do I really sound like that??!"
BTW- Kaden's Grandma (Jodie's mom) died last night and they are having the viewing on Thursday night and the funeral on Friday. So we'll have to see how things work out with getting together and all....
I love the bathroom story, that is pretty cute of her to be proud of her mommy going potty. she is so funny.
Catherine I am so bummed. Aaron went out of town this week and I so could of gone with you to St. George! Dang it! Maybe next time. Bahh! Hope you are having fun!
Oh my goodness I can leave comments again. Darling little sayings. Emily is just getting to be a little chatter box.
Can't wait to see everyone again! I miss my little Johnathon smile and Emily laugh.
Post a Comment