
Saturday night, we went to Sugarhouse Park to BBQ with our friends, Brad and Christine. It started to sprinkle for a few minutes, and then this gorgeous rainbow appeared. Isn't it awesome?

After our BBQ, we went over to the pond to feed the ducks.

Emily loved the baby ducklings and would get mad at the seagulls and geese when they stole the bread right out from under the ducklings. She would say, "Hey you bird, that's not yours! That's for the baby ducks. You give that back RIGHT NOW!" She can get fiesty, can you tell? ;)

Trying to practice my "Love and Logic" parenting skills and let Jonny learn a lesson on his own, I didn't stop him when he fell in the mud. (Anyone else a Love and Logic Mom? It's helped me so much!) What cracks me up is how mad he got when he realized how dirty he was, when most of the time, he CHOOSES to play in the dirt and mud.

I just really liked the lighting on this one.

On Sunday afternoon, we went on a walk, and Emily was silly and wanted to ride in the basket underneath.

Then Wade and I pulled out the camping chairs and started reading and relaxing. Of course the second we got up, the kids wanted to copy us and ran inside to get their own books to read.

What the....? Emily, what are you wearing? Looks like I need to put a "I got dressed by myself" sticker on this girl!
11 comments:
Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time! And that is a beautiful rainbow picture!
Hahaha! Emily cracks me up. I went to a "Teacher" Love & Logic conference and enjoyed it for the most part. I'm definitely a fan of not allowing the students to run my life. Your photo of the rainbow is absolutely gorgeous; good job on that one!
The Rainbow is GORGEOUS!!! Emily looks like she is ready to jump in some puddles of water! I too, think I need a sticker that says
"I dressed myself today" Gotta love it!
I love to see Ethan play in the mud. When I wash his feet in the bath he asks about why his feet are dirty. I just have to tell him that it's because he played outside and that's okay, that's what little kids are supposed to do-get dirty. Especially when the weather has been as beautiful as it has been! Love Emily's boots! I need some for me!
That is one awesome outfit Emily put together! Maybe she'll be a clothing designer one day!
I can't wait for the days when Brody plays in the mud and does all the little things that boys do. (Whitney actually does those things now too, so I guess it's not JUST a boy thing!). You have some cute kids!
You got a beautiful picture of the rainbow. It was gorgeous I love rainbows!
What a beautiful park! Those pictures are great, and I love the expression on Jonny's face! Looks like a blast!
i'm so excited for nice weather! Hey... just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten that we still have your Rocky movie. I was supposed to make an appt. for May for Hyrum, but... anyway, i'm probably going to need to just mail it to you. what's your address?
I think it's a cute outfit that Emily's wearing. :)
I also think her outfit is darling!
Looks like that night was fun, beautiful rainbow. Looks like you are keeping busy!
Post a Comment