Friday, August 21, 2009

Green is my new favorite color!

Okay, so green has always been my favorite color, but I am especially loving it lately. You'll see why in a second. Some of you might remember this post from last year when Wade's friend, Sean, brought his skid-steer tractor and went to town, digging up all the roots in our front yard and backyard. We finished the backyard last September and have been saving up our money a little at a time so we could finish the front yard, too. We really wanted to buy the parts for the sprinkler system, sod, plants, trees, and flowers with cash, rather than go into debt to do it because this guy and our parents have really inspired us. It has taken a lot of patience and hard work.
But guess what?
We finally did it!
Wade installed all the pipes and sprinklers himself, and we put the new sod in last weekend with the help of our neighbors, Jon and Nancy. Wade's brother, Brandon, designed a beautiful landscape plan for us, and as soon as we save a little more money, we'll have plants, trees, and pretty flowers. I can't wait!

12 comments:

*Aliese* said...

That's quite the undertaking! Good job though. Pretty sure I wouldn't have the patience.

Cynthia said...

Nice job! So how long has the front yard been just dirt?

Unknown said...

Looks great! I am with you on paying cash, we are HUGE fans of Dave Ramsey! I would definitely say living with dirt for a front yard for a while is "living like no one else"! :) Good job!

Charise said...

Catherine, to answer your question.. my roomie is not the one from college. Mine is from california and I just met her a few years ago :) Your project looks great! :)

Carlos said...

It looks great!

Julie said...

Good for you. I bet it's even more rewarding after all of the wait and hard work.

The Mursets said...

What a difference grass makes! It looks great!

The Colvins said...

nice...looks great, I love fresh green lawn! Cute haircuts too:)

Emily said...

Hurray for green!

Kristen said...

It looks great!

flr said...

Hey guys. Great job on the front lawn!! Feels good to have it done,huh

Aapree said...

Wow! Great job. It looks awesome!