Monday, August 3, 2009

Scientists Explore: Science Week

Sink or Float? Each child took a turn putting something in the water to test whether it would sink to the bottom or float on top.
Our next experiment: What will happen to popcorn kernels once they get hot? EVERYONE knew the answer to this one, but they were still fascinated by my popcorn popper. Here we are cheering for the popcorn kernels to finally POP, POP, POP!
And of course they ate the popcorn for Snack Time once it was popped!
"More popcorn please!"
Monday after quiet time, I pulled out some huge moving boxes for Jon and Emily. They had a blast using them to make their own fort. And then I left them out all week long so my students could explore in them during Science Week, too.
Another science experiment:
How many children can we fit inside the sandbox crab? :)
We had a few more experiments, but this one was our last one, and one of the favorites: What will happen if you put a pinwheel in front of a fan? Nicole and Jonny are having fun finding out the answer!

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I do love Disney on Ice!!! We went in Vegas a couple of years ago and, of course, I loved it. :) It looks like you're keeping plenty busy with your preschool; that's fabulous.

Katie Leigh said...

Letterman used to have a thing on his show that was called "Will it float?" I have to admit that the hula hoop girl in the scanty clothes made it very interesting, but it's probably not appropriate for your kids.