Monday, August 3, 2009

Splash Time: Water Week

I lost count of how many times Regan went down the slide into the pool. Let's just say there was constant laughing and giggling, and I was immensely pleased that THIS was how I chose to end out Summer Camp!
They were all excited when I turned on the sprinkler. Brock, Kenzo, and Jonny would jump over the water and then try to catch it or hit it.
By the end of the day, Emily was exhausted by all that playing in the sun that she decided to put her feet up and just relax. :)
On day 2, after stories and water experiments, I brought out some fresh watermelon for the children to enjoy. Here's Ollie, Jonny, Brock, Juliet, and Kenzo.
My 3-4 year old class was a little crazier than the 2 year olds. ;) They were teaming up and trying to get my helpers wet. It was hilarious! Miss Jazel and Miss Melanie had joined us for the day and after two hours, they were more wet than anybody!
Best buddies, Emily and Nicole!
After playing in the water for a while, they would wrap up in their towels to warm up...
...and then go right back to playing and splashing each other!
a very happy (and very wet) JonnyReading books together in the sun to warm up
For the water experiments, they chose which combination of colors they wanted to use to create a new color in their bowl.
For the next water experiment, I gave them fresh water and a dab of a secret ingredient, and they had to figure out what it was. After stirring it around, getting slimy hands, and making lots of bubbles, they figured out that dish soap was my secret ingredient. ;) After I rinsed their hands off with the hose, we got into a water fight and everyone was soaking wet, including me! Man, I love my job!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like you have been busy and having a great time too! Love your class ideas. The kids are so lucky to have you teaching them.
I would like to work something out with you for accountability...but I have just been crazy busy with kids and summertime. I think you can relate. So lets plan on talking soon...kids back in school in 2 weeks (not totally ready for summer to end and school to start, but definitely ready for routine).

Kelly said...

Those kids really are lucky to have you as a teacher. You are really great with the kids. Lagoon sounds like fun all by yourself. We're taking the kids next week. Fun for them, not much riding for us.