Friday, October 9, 2009

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!

Last month, we had a lot of fun with cousins at a little family reunion in Orem.
They shot candy out of a sling shot for the kids. You can see that everybody's ready and waiting anxiously, except for Jonny, who's just sitting there, not knowing what the heck is going on.
Then BAM, he gets nailed in the head by a hard piece of candy! So I go to comfort my little guy, trying REALLY hard not to laugh because the whole scenario was quite hilarious, to be honest. haha Does that make me a bad mom? ;)
The next 4 days after that, we watched my sister's 3 kids while she and her husband were on a cruise. So that's where I get the title of this post, "Let the Wild Rumpus Start" just like from the book, "Where the Wild Things Are." Sunday night, Taylor and Alex pulled out all their old clothes and played dress-up with Jonny. As you can see from this picture, he didn't mind too much. He also didn't mind sleeping in their bunk bed with them! He liked it too much in fact, that he DIDN'T sleep, so by 10pm, we finally took him away from the fun with the boys, and had him sleep on the floor in our room. He REALLY loves those boys and all three of them could have stayed up all night laughing IF we let them.
Hailey and Emily put on dancing shows for us every night using some cool tunes from Hailey's pink CD player.
And when they weren't dancing, they were sliding down the stairs in Emily's sleeping bag. Good times! :)
Of course they insisted I do their hair the same everyday and were just happy and silly all the time together. Here they're peeking out the window, pretending to hide from the bad guys.
8 year-old Taylor made a KILLER fort! He brought in the soccer net from outside and used that, the kitchen table, 9 chairs, and every blanket in the house to create it, and it was just awesome. I was proud of his ingenuity, but Alex was even more proud of his older brother. He kept saying, "My brother, Taylor, he's the best at making forts, huh?" It was really sweet to see how much Alex admired him.I was a cool aunt and mom and let them eat their lasagna that night on blankets in the fort. Of course, after dinner, everybody did their part to help clean up the fort.
Then for the activity during Family Home Evening, Taylor, Alex, and Wade thought it would be fun to make another mess and build a huge tower. I wasn't too sure about it, but I gave the go ahead, and I was again impressed by my nephew's hard work and creativity.
Way to go boys!

8 comments:

Heather said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun!

P.S. Whenever you guys want to go out for Pizza Hut, we're up for it! Email me.

Carlos said...

Looks like quite the party! Loved the fort!

Lois said...

Whoa, you let them do more fun things than Grandma did!

Kathy said...

What a great auntie!

Unknown said...

How fun! It so much fun to spend time with cousins!

Kristal said...

What great fun with cousins. Sometimes it great to let the kids do things you normally wouldn't let them do at home.....just to be wild and have crazy fun. Love it!

AshnRuss said...

Fun Fun Fun. Great times

The Allens said...

I don't do much with the blog thing and so I never know that I have unread comments. You are too cute and have a comment on so many of my entries. I am not ignoring you, just didn't know you were leaving them. Sounds like all is well in Utah and that the Reed family is healthy and happy. I am Primary chorister right now and I always thing of you 'cause I know you did/do this calling and you gave me my Primary Hymn book when I had Ashton. I appreciate your friendship and all your kind words :o)