Sunday, January 17, 2010

Em's First Dance Recital

Emily was so excited for the big day, but I was a bundle of nerves because I knew how shy my little girl could be.
But she surprised and pleased us all from the start to the end with her beautiful confidence and stage presence. She wasn't nervous at all! Costumes for the Christmas recital were dancer's choice, and although my mom had bought a beautiful red and black dress for Emily to wear, she insisted that she had to wear her leotard and skirt because that is what she wears to practice each week. :)
all of the dancers gathered together for the big final dance number
I don't know who was more proud of our little star dancer...mommy, daddy, Grandpa & Grandma Reed, Miss Julie, or Ems herself. Afterwards Grandpa and Grandma Reed took Emily (and the family) out to a yummy lunch at Sizzler. It was a day I know we will never forget.

3 comments:

The Colvins said...

little girls are great! I can't wait for that kind of stuff.

The Colvins said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
*Aliese* said...

Aw, look at her cute smiles!!! Adorable. I love little girl dance concerts-so cute.