Monday, February 28, 2011

November

Here are my little Indians having a Thanksgiving feast in preschool.
For the month of November, Jonny attended Miss Wendy's preschool because he had really been struggling having to share his mommy with a new baby sister, my other preschool students, the young women in our ward, etc. He was really acting out, being naughty, and driving me bonkers! I knew he needed something of his own to get excited about and just time away from me so that when we were together, we could both appreciate each other more. It was exactly what we both needed, but when I found out two of my preschool boys were moving, I felt I better bring Jon back to my class for the rest of the year so that Owen wasn't the only boy. So Emily made her Indian hat with me, and Jonny made his pilgrim hat with Miss Wendy. And they played pilgrims and Indians for hours that day. :)
We watched Cynthia's kids for two days, and it was one big party! Emily, Elora, Jon, and Max all had a blast having a sleepover together. And yes, Cynthia, Jonny is wearing Max's cool pajamas because Jonny begged him, and Max thought it would be cool to sleep in his clothes anyway. So funny!
Elora and Emily enjoyed their heart shared sandwiches...
...while Jon and Max played with their dinosaur sandwiches. Later, they did actually EAT it, but wouldn't YOU play with your food, too, if it was cut out like a dinosaur?! ;) Kiana has been really special to our family. She's one of the young women I serve with in our ward, but she's also one of my favorite people to hang out with! I'll take her driving (with her in the driver's seat) since she has her learner's permit and is close to getting her licence. And we just laugh the whole time. I love this girl! Oh, and she babysits almost every weekend, so of course our children adore her, too. Her mom is also a dear friend and my visiting teaching companion, and we have a sweet connection as well.
No, we aren't the proud owners of this adorable puppy, but she moved into our basement apartment in November, so we play with her daily. Her name is Bea Bea, and we call her "crazy pants" because she's a typical puppy and runs around like crazy nonstop...kind of like my 3 year old. ;) We also really like her owners. JR is the world's biggest Star Wars fan with tons of memorabilia and Adriane is an actress so she has boxes full of make up and dress up clothes. Needless to say, Jon and Emily want to go downstairs and play with them everyday! Grown adults with cool toys? I can't compete with that! We do miss our last family who lived downstairs. When I was on bedrest last summer, Brooke and Marin saved my sanity because we spent every morning relaxing in the backyard together while the kids colored with side walk chalk.
On Thanksgiving day, Wade and I ran the 5K Turkey Trot in Cottonwood Heights, in 17 degree weather. Brrrr! Wade ran while pushing the double jogging stroller, and I ran while pushing Sarah in her stroller. It was insane, yet fun to include the whole family because we REALLY had to try to bundle up warm at 9am, but we did it! In 2007, I set a goal to run at least one 5K every year of my life. My first year, I ran several, but this year, I was lucky to squeak one in towards the end of the year. I'm already training for my favorite run, the Heart of Holladay 5K, on June 12.
Here's Wade showing off his mustache with his little twin, Jonny. I'm not crazy about the mustache idea, but he grows one with a friend every November because it's cancer awareness month in Canada.
Before Thanksgiving dinner with Wade's mom and step dad, we stopped by my sister's house in West Jordan to spend some time with Margaret and Ruthanne and their families. They were originally planning on spending Thanksgiving in St. George, but with the weather report talking about that big storm, which ended up being kind of lame, no one wanted to travel on the freeway. I thought it would be fun to end this long post with a cute smile from our babe thanks to Aunt Ruthanne tickling her.

3 comments:

kate said...

Yay! Way to get caught up lady!!

You're thanksgiving looked lovely!

p.s. that Kiana girl is GORGEOUS!

Katie Leigh said...

What kind of pose is Emily doing in the heart sandwich picture? And, more importantly, why didn't you teach Elora? Do you know how many pictures I have of us with our legs crossed like that? About a million.

kallen said...

Your preschool looks so fun. I wish my kids could join it:) Way to go running a 5K. I'm still working on making it to the mailbox:) Your baby is so cute.