
Three weeks ago, Emily started her first day of preschool, and I wanted to share a few thoughts about it. It's a JOY SCHOOL type of preschool, where 4 other mothers besides myself take turns teaching in our homes. We all liked the idea of saving money and also having more one on one time with our younger child while our older child is at preschool. It's only once a week for 2 hours, which is the perfect time for our 2 and 3 year-old girls. Emily has loved every minute of it! For Valentines Day, she learned about love and friendship in Preschool and came home with pink and red paper hearts which she had decorated. The next day, when she and I were making pink heart shaped Rice Crispy Treats at home, she kept telling me with much excitement, "Dat a pink heart, mommy!" How cool that she had learned that at preschool! She's quite proud of her back-pack she takes with her and tells me all about her friends and what she learned at school.
Our fun group of girls (minus one girl who's on vacation)
I am especially looking forward to when it's my turn to teach the kids because teaching is one of my greatest passions! I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education and then taught preschool for several months before Emily was born. It was difficult to leave my classroom, but I knew I needed to be at home with my kids, and I have never regretted my decision to stay at home. However, I have always missed it, and I know this joy school will be just another great opportunity for me to continue teaching other children besides my own and fulfill that need within me to make a difference.
12 comments:
We love those moments where we feel our kids are geniuses! Preschool is the best, especially if your kids learn better from someone else (like our son). Glad you are enjoying it as much as Emily.
I love it. The kids have been having so much fun at preschool. I am so glad we did this.
That is such a good idea to do it with your neighbors/friends. That way you still get the preschool experience without paying for it. I bet you're the best preschool teacher! :-)
Hi Catherine! Emily is getting more beautiful everyday. That's so cool that you're doing the preschool the way you are. Elora would love it. She needs more opportunities to learn and have fun like that. But yes we will have fun with the 7 kids, when I come down.
I've heard good things about Joy Schools. Seems like a lot of fun and the kiddos get to learn in different environments.
I am glad you are having fun. I love having friends for my kids. They always love being around other kids and it is so nice to spend time with your other kids while one is gone. I love your door and floors too.
How fun! It is so much fun when Whitney comes home from school and tells me things like "Mom, Yellow and blue make green!!" I bet the joy school group will have so much fun on your teaching days, you are so great with kids and I am sure you have so many fun materials to share with them!
Catherine, you will totally rock when it's your turn to teach! How fun for the girls and for you! Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. You are the best. I did get your message, but we were crazy busy yesterday. I love you girl!
I too miss teaching, while being a stay at home mom, but would trade it all and more for my sweet baby! How fun for you to get to do a joy school! I would love that Cafe Rio pork recipe, thanks, my email is bakegoodz@gmail.com
It has been tons of fun and Sammie just can't wait till she can see all of her friends again. Thanks for doing this with the rest of us.
Catherine! It's Jamie (Abbott - Ziegler) Monk! You're blog is so cute! I just started blogging and saw your names on Jodi Atkinson's blog. Wow! You have two kids already! AWESOME! I just remarried in September and we are expecting a little boy(honeymoon surprise)! I hope things are going well! I just wanted to say a quick hello! Later Gator!
Catherine- hi I just saw you on Megan's blog. Your family is adorable. Please send me an invite, I'd love to keep checkin' in on you. rachmathews@yahoo.com
Post a Comment