Monday, February 18, 2008

Look-a-Likes, Wrestling, and Bedtime

Look-a-likes? What do you think? Can you tell they are brother and sister?
Jonathan - 10 months old

Emily -10 months old
If you can't tell, Jon is saying, "This is the story of my life!" Emily loves to wrestle her little brother! And he loves it too...at first...and then he tries to escape from her. The phrase I say in our house more than any other is "Emily, get off of your brother!" It's a joy as a mom to watch your children play together, but then when one of them is surrendering and doesn't want to play anymore, but the other one persists and continues to torture their sibling...look out...mom's going to give "the look" and someone's going to time out! ;)
So, I love my husband! Wade is the best daddy to Emily and Jonathan. Every night, we work together to get the kids ready for bed, but as you can see from the picture, Wade loves to tickle and play with the kids, which makes them laugh and giggle and hyper! And of many of you know from experience, it's difficult to put kids to bed when they are all wired up! Sometimes I have to be the strict one, and calm everyone down, including Wade! :) But the best nights are when we all play together and climb on mommy and daddy's bed and toss the kids into the big pillows and then the kids tackle us until we're all laughing so hard that we can't laugh anymore, and THEN we get the kids ready for bed. Life is good here...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute! We moms are always the bad guys it seems. Some nights I have to think, what's bed time when I know they are enjoying this time? Life goes too fast so it's nice to sit back and enjoy it!!

Traciannee said...

I can't believe that Emily sits on Jonathon like that. He is going to be tough.
Emily (at 10montsh)had a bit more hair but they both have the big, cute smile.

Karen said...

Mike gets Ethan all wired up too! Though I just have to relax too, sometimes,and savor the moment. I have resigned to the fact that it's Dad's job to get the kids crazy at bed time.

Kristal said...

I love it! "Story of Jon's life" Awesome!

Cynthia said...

Am I looking at a picture of your kids or mine? Elora sits and wrestles Max ALL the time! I think she does it out of love... cute pictures!