Friday, May 23, 2008

St. George Trip - part 2

Wade surprised me by having flowers delivered for me. He's such a sweet guy! I had been missing him, and this was just what I needed. He helps so much with the kids that not having him with me made me appreciate him even more. I was really looking forward to when he would drive down to join me in St. George.


Emily kept sneaking out of my mom's house to play in the backyard, and little Jonathan would follow right after her. Emily LOVED jumping on the trampoline, and Jon enjoyed swinging in the swing and climbing up and down the patio steps. Finally Jon tackles Emily instead of her always tackling him!



Jocey and I hung out again, this time with Brooke Smith Jensen, as well. Although we were at a splash pad, the kids just wanted to run around on the grass and play in the dirt, rather than run through the sprinklers. We thought they were nuts since the water seemed more inviting than the dirt, but whatever...kids will be kids! :) Later that day, I went to see Candice Jensen Blake, another friend I grew up with. When we were little, she taught me how to be silly and just have fun more than any other friend. She still makes me laugh today!


I had a great time visiting with Spence and Julie Kohler. The three of us were in the Institute Show Choir, Inspiration, together, and later were in the college married ward together. Julie and I really connect and I just love her! They live next door to my sister, Ruthanne, ironically. Since I was going to help her pack up to move that night, Spence and Julie made us a yummy taco dinner before we started packing. Thanks guys! Of course Emily was a big fan of their three-year-old, Ben. He has a great sense of humor and is such a character (like his dad)! Emily thought he was hilarious. And their little princess, Madison, could steal your heart. She is SO gorgeous!
Madison, Emily, Ben, and Jonathan jumping on the bed and being silly!


Friday morning, I met up with Brandi Wilcox again to shop at Old Navy and just chill and wait for Wade to arrive. Brandi and I always have fun together, and so do our kids! E.J. and Emily played in the fountain for an hour and were soaked!

Wade finally arrived to town, and we couldn't be more excited to see him! Can you tell Emily loves her daddy? We ate at the famous new IN-N-OUT burger place with Ruthanne and Austin. It was a fun experience, but I still prefer "The Frost Top" or "Charlie's" old fashioned restaurants! Austin had been in Salt Lake for his first week of his new job and then Wade rode with him so we all could be in town for our nephew's baby blessing.

Jon stole his daddy's sunglasses and looked so COOL, I had to snap a picture. :)




Emily has become a little tease lately. She kept ringing the door bell and then giggling at herself!


"Hold it right there, Grandpa! No one gets past me without giving me candy first!" Jon liked to stand up and hold onto Grandpa Maughan's walker, so he couldn't go anywhere. We enjoyed spending Saturday morning with Wade's grandparents. We cooked them breakfast since it was Grandpa's birthday.


They are such a remarkable example to us. After 63 years of marriage, they are still in love and it shows! They are very selfless and giving to one another, and we just think the world of them. After leaving their house, we visited Ryan and Kayla Gubler and their darling girl, Maya. Ryan was one of Wade's mission companions, and I grew up with Kayla. It was a blast to catch up with them and spend time together.


My Grandpa Lang, my dad, and my nephews all planted trees together while the girls jumped on the tramp and played.



That evening, we all went to the Santa Clara splash pad by the baseball fields, the same one I went to with Jocey and Brooke, but this time, Emily actually WANTED to run through the sprinklers! I even decided to get soaked too because when I'm "home", I feel like a kid again in many ways.

That Sunday, my brother Nicholas blessed his baby boy, Preston. It was special to all be together and just enjoy family. I feel so blessed to have each of them in my life! I had a lot of fun these last ten days, spending time with good friends and family. I'm already looking forward to next time I visit, so I can see friends that I didn't get to see this trip, like Kelly, Mardi, Megan, Rachel, Emily, Carolee! I just love St. George and being able to spend time with amazing people who have made a difference in my life.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

We go to this splash pad too! My son loves the dirt only he goes in after he is wet! Glad you had a nice visit. It's fun to get away and be a kid again!

Karen said...

WOW! You were busy in St. George! When we moved to Bakersfield there was an In-N-Out by our house. We heard so much about it and that it was so good. And you know what, we didn't like it. The burgers were okay, but I've had better. And the fries, yuck! That's what we thought. They tasted like soggy potatoes. We have a fantastic burger joint near us, JCW's. Yum! Just thinking about it makes me hungry. We should go there for lunch next time you are down this way.

Traciannee said...

Your Trip looks like so much fun, I might have to come along next time you go to St. George.
I can't believe you don't like In n Out, I hit that place up at least 3 times when I am around one.
My favorite picture (besides all of them) is Jonathan tackling Emily. They both are just precious and full of fun!

Kelly said...

How fun! I love all your pictures! You look so cute! Ben is really helpful too, it's hard not to be with them, you realize how much they do help. Anyway, I'll wave to your mom while I'm down there. Thanks for singing to me, you're awesome!

Kristal said...

How freakin' cute is it that Wade sent you flowers?!?!?! Awesome!! Man, I didn't realize how busy you were while you were down here. It was so good to see you. I got the pictures and they are great! Emily is so funny. Ringing the door bell and laughing about it! Hilarious!

Unknown said...

What a cute picture of Grandma/grandpa maughan kissing!

Ali said...

What a fun vacation! I'm in need of a little R & R myself (well, mostly just the 'rest')!

Anyway, thanks for leaving a comment and representing the 'private' blogs out there. I really appreciate it.

Carlos said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I miss St. George so much! I think even Carlos is thinking it's not that bad because it doesn't seem to want to get REALLY warm up here! Your kids are just adorable!

Kathy said...

No rest for you on your vacation! You were busy. I love that your kids are so happy. You can tell they are loved and content with life.

Julie Kohler said...

What a busy girl you are! ok, you know I love ya, but you are in BIG OL' TROUBLE for posting that picture!! It's just not right to put up a pic of me looking that nasty for all the world to see...but I will have to agree on those cute kids! Ben and Maddi had so much fun with Emily and Jon!
it wa so fun to see you, and tell Ruthanne hi for me!

Emily said...

I was so glad to see my name on the list of friends to see on your next trip!! ;-)