As a new mom, I took an institute class called "Gospel Parenting." I gained a great deal from that class, especially the blessing of meeting new friends, like Becca, Ali, and Elaine. : ) One thing I took away from the class that I will never forget is this thought by Sister Patricia Holland:
"If I were Satan and wanted to destroy a society, I think I would stage a full-blown blitz on women. I would keep them so distraught and distracted that they would never find the calming strength and serenity for which their sex has always been known."
Is that a good reminder or what? It really helps me put things in perspective. I am trying to be positive, amidst my individual struggles, and to prove it, I had to show you this picture of Jon from yesterday, just a 1/2 hour before our friends, Bryce and Nicole, came over for dinner. After the initial shock of seeing my 1 year-old covered in flour (not to mention my kitchen), I just said "Oh...my...heck!" I paused, and then I just started laughing (instead of screaming!) Aren't you proud of me? That means I'm making progress, right? : )
10 comments:
I laughed too...then I thought about you having to clean it up. The best part is that you will remember how funny it was more than the pain to clean it up quickly. Gotta love kids! :)
Cute picture, Jon looks so happy! I know that if it happened to me that I would laugh to. I really don't see any need to get upset when they really don't understand what they are doing is bad! BTW love that quote, kind makes you think harder when you are having a bad day the true meaning for it!
Darling picture. With that smile how can you be mad. Jonathan just has so much exploring he wants to do.
oh. my. heck. is right. I'm glad that's all you said, cuz I think some other things might have gone through my head! :) Of course, it's always funny when it's not my own child.
Oh funny! That's a really cute photo. Dinner was way fun, and YUMMY! I need to get that chicken recipe from you.
How could you do anything but laugh at that cute face? :) Although I'm sorry you had to clean that up because I'm sure that part wasn't funny! You are a great mom!
Isn't that every toddler's fantasy; to cover themselves head to toe in Mommy's baking flour?!
LOVE THAT PHOTO!!
My break through moment (similar to the one you shared) occurred after I discovered Eliza drenched in Vaseline. Like you, I took the high road, laughed about and took a picture.
What a cutie! a messy one but cute none the less. Just remember it could be worse I remember Katrina taking a marker to herself the walls and the carpet at our old house, and my sister Janae had one that would dig the poop out of her diaper and smear it all over the floor and walls. I try to remember that when I find my kids in these kind of messes :0 You know even with all the messes it is so great to have our kids and to see all the cute things they do. Sometimes I think that is why I blog so I will remember the cute things and the not so cute things (so I can laugh later)
We are still planning on coming to the reunion as long as gas doesnt climb too much higher. It is already going to cost us about 1000 just for gas so keep your fingers crossed it doesnt go up to much more.
Oh my goodness!! I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones. He is really stinkin' cute though with that big grin covered in flour. You have really been on a blogging rampage. Sorry I've missed the last few post. I did comment on the previous one though. You are looking super sexy! Keep it up!
I have no kids, so I really can't relate, but I admire your self-control and patience. I certainly don't have any!
And in answer to your question. . .
We ARE coming home for Christmas! We're trying to figure out a way to split the time in St. George and Salt Lake, so I'll let you know what we figure out.
Post a Comment