Friday, September 12, 2008
Dinner and the Wii
As you know, I've had some struggles over the last several weeks, particulary last week. After many frustrating moments during the week, it was heaven to watch my kids happier than ever, playing with their cousins, and Wade and I just hanging out and having fun with Wade's brother, Jeff and his wife, Elizabeth. They just moved into a beautiful home in Fruit Heights, so while the boys cooked the hamburgers, Elizabeth and I went for a walk so she could show me their new neighborhood. She and I both love the style of older homes in neighborhoods filled with mature trees, and it was fun to be with her.
After eating dinner and yummy homemade peach pie, we took turns playing the Wii, while the kids wrestled and had a pillow fight. Here are a few pictures of the cousins being silly together, while Wade and Jeff are so "into" the game. haha You know how guys are with any kind of game system, right?

We put the kids in their pajamas, turned on Peter Pan, and let them cuddle with the cool Halloween quilt Elizabeth made, while we played the Wii upstairs....but it didn't last long. Within ten minutes, the kids were back upstairs playing around us. Typical, huh? :) It was such a fun night. Thanks guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How fun. We love playing the Wii, our favorite games our guitar hero and american idol karaoke. Ben is getting too good at guitar hero though, it's not even fun to play anymore. :-) j/k Looks like you had fun at the fair too. I love fairs! Ben said he saw Wade at school last night. Crazy huh?
I love that quilt. I wish I had time to do stuff like that. You gotta be careful when playing the Wii because afterwards you can feel sore. Austin and I played the boxing game. The next day my arms were way sore. I was like, "Why am I so sore?" Then I figured it out.
Looks like you got to have a little fun, and maybe even a bit of relaxation. I hope it was a good battery re-charge.
The Wii pictures are classic.
It was good to see you this past week, Catherine. I hope you have a great next week! Love you.
Awe, nothing better than food, the WII and cousins to help play to play with. Glad you were able to have such of fun night!
Long live the Wii!! Glad you were able to get in some good ol' R & R.
That looks like so much fun! Carlos LOVES the wii and wants one so bad! Love the quilt too!
Looks like fun! Its always fun to get to hang out with cousins when you are little...and I am glad you got a much needed break!!
Post a Comment