Friday, September 26, 2008

See you in 3 hours!

Those are 5 of my favorite words...when I get to say them to the babysitter!!! On Wednesday afternoon, I dropped my kids off at my friend's house so I could escape and run errands by myself. Heaven, right? I know. I'm so lucky to have you as a friend, Jenica! Thanks again.

I returned some shoes to Payless and then was spoiled at Kid to Kid by discovering a Cowardly Lion costume for $9, Ruby Red Slippers for $4, brown leather Sunday shoes for Jon for $3, and cozy pajamas for $2. We've already borrowed a neighbor's Dorothy costume, so now my kids are all set for Halloween! My next stop was Wal-Mart, and I couldn't help but pass by the Halloween costumes there. The lion costume was nice, but $1 more than I spent at Kid to Kid, and it wasn't nearly as fluffy and cute as mine. I smiled, remembering my sweet deal!

On the way out of the Halloween section, I grabbed some mini snickers to motivate my primary kids to listen to their CD and practice the songs for the upcoming Primary Program...and I might snack on a few later...just kidding. I promise it was even on my list!

Looking at my small grocery list, I knew I only had $30 left in my cash envelope for the month, so I needed to be very selective about what I put in my cart to buy. 1/2 hour later, at the register, I was quite pleased when my total amount was only $25.02. That leaves Wade $5 for an emergency ice-cream purchase next week when he's so depressed and missing me bad while I'm in St. George. ; ) Really, he needs some study time, so it will be good that we're gone for a few days. But of course he'll miss us!

After dropping the groceries off at home, I headed to paradise..I mean Cafe Rio...same thing. And guess what I picked up there? That's right, my Free Meal! I was sure I couldn't wait till I arrived back home to eat it, but I would have to, because it was time to pick up the kids from Jenica's. On the way, I turned up the volume on my car stereo and rocked out to Rascal Flatts. I was loving this! I thanked Jenica a million times, because I felt so fortunate to have 3 shopping hours by myself. And then I went home, ate half of my pork burrito (saved the other half for my sweetheart) and watched reruns of The Office! (while the kids watched The Wizard of Oz in the play room.) See, I'm a smart mom...that helped me extend my alone time. Happy days!

2 comments:

Traciannee said...

How cute Dorothy and a little lion. I love Halloween and it will be fun to see Emily and Johnathon.
Great errands and fun use of your free time.

Elizabeth said...

Jake's going to be a lion for Halloween too! I bought the costume for Caleb when he was little, so by default Jake is going to be a lion this year.