Friday, September 12, 2008

Utah State Fair

Last Thursday, I took the kids to the Utah State Fair. I was excited to go on opening night since the price was only $2, rather than $8. Sweet deal, eh? I hadn't been to a fair since the Washington County Fair back in 1999, so I thought it would be fun to go support one of the girls I visit teach, who is also my friend, Lindsey Christensen. She had entered some projects into the fair to be judged, and we met up that evening to find out how she did. She took 1st place with her crocheting and 2nd place with her tatting. Good job, Linds!
Here's Emily with Lindsey's, daughter, Emmaline playing on a pole. We both call our girls "Emmy," so whenever we're together, it just gets confusing as both girls turn around and respond. :)
Black and white cows are by far my favorite because that's what you can find on my Grandpa Callister's farm. Aren't they beautiful? Since Jon is also a big fan of cows, it was nearly impossible to get him to stay put in his stroller while taking this picture. He was trying with all his might to climb out of it, so he could get a closer look at the "moo-cows."
I thought this was a great photo opportunity with Emily petting a goat. When I was growing up, I remember feeding and petting the goats on our family farm and that they were such gentle animals.

We saw other fun animals at the fair, and I think my kids would have loved riding on the ponies, but by the end of the evening, I was too plain exhausted from trying to handle the kids by myself, that we just went home. Wade had a night class and couldn't come along, and whenever he's not with us, I learn to appreciate him even more. Why do I even try to go places like this without him? He saves my sanity whenever we go anywhere as a family. It's genuniely more fun with him by my side. Does anyone else feel like your husband deserves the "Daddy of the Year" award? I do!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Don't you think it's weird that I don't even remember our family having goats?

Megan said...

I love State Fairs! I went to the Utah State Fair when I was a freshman at BYU and it was a lot of fun. I know your kids loved it!

I know how you feel about appreciating your husband more when he's not around. I don't take Whitney very many places unless Tommy is with us. I don't know how you do it with two kids! You are wonder woman!

Katie Leigh said...

I love the picture in front of the cow! If you were crafty, you could crop the cow out and make it look like Jon really wants you. But I like that he's so attached to the moo-cow.

Kristen said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I love going to the fair.

Traciannee said...

I love the State Fair. I am so glad you made it out there. I love that the cows are the favorite. Did you get to do the little hands on the farm? If not you need to do it next year. The kids are little farmers and it is free. Good job supporting Lindsey you are such a great friend to everyone.