Monday, March 2, 2009

Draper Temple


Wade and I attended the Open House for the new Draper Temple on Friday, Feb. 20. It was a special experience to be able to take our children and show them how brilliant and beautiful the temple is-inside and out. We also had our little friend, Addie Hiatt, with us, so you can imagine the big smiles we got from everyone as we walked through the temple with three young children. They thought Addie and Jon were twins and would comment on how reverent they all were. (Thank goodness we had practiced!)

It was sweet to see the children's faces light up as we entered the Celestial Room, and they saw the awesome chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The room was so gorgeous and peaceful, and it felt a lot like heaven being there with our little family.

I'm so grateful for the blessings of the temple that make it possible for our family to be together forever. I don't know where I would be without the Gospel. It gives me hope, even in the scary world we live in, and it gives me joy, knowing our Heavenly Father has a plan for us.

6 comments:

---- said...

I am so jealous! I wanted to go to that open house! Oh well, I guess I will just have to go next time I make it up there, after it is dedicated.

*Aliese* said...

I'm jealous as well. We wanted to go while we were up there a couple of weeks ago and there weren't any tickets! We were told to just "show up" and they wouldn't turn us away, but I always feel bad when I know I'm doing something I shouldn't. Your pictures are gorgeous though! I do love temples.

Anonymous said...

How cute! What did Emmy say? You need to remind Emmy that she does like me. It seems like she likes Austin better than me now days.

Cynthia said...

That's awesome, we took Elora and Max a few weeks ago, and they loved it!

Megan said...

Great pics you guys. It's such a beautiful temple. I'm glad y'all got to go!

Darci said...

Wasn't that such a beautiful Temple? I really like the picture of your family and Christ. Priceless :D