After we returned home from grocery shopping at Harmons, Jonny got carried away with the Bob and Randy stickers. He's such a character! I still don't know if he put them on himself, or if his big sister helped a little. What do you think?
That night, Wade and I picked up my great uncle and aunt and took them to dinner to Cowboy Grub. I can't believe we have lived here for 4 years and have never been there before. It's got to be Salt Lake's best kept secret! The food was really good, but the best part was being there with my Uncle Roy and Aunt Arba. After almost 70 years of marriage, they're still so in love and show it. You can't help but want to be more loving to each other after watching their example.
Sunday afternoon, I drove Uncle Roy and Aunt Arba to Orem to visit my Grandpa Callister in his assisted living center. They were so happy to see each other! If anyone knows my grandpa, you can believe he was in tears throughout the entire visit. But so was Roy. It was neat to feel the love that exists between the three of them. They shared story after story with me about my grandma. Arba said that when she lived with my grandma and grandpa when they were newly married, that she NEVER once heard them speak unkindly to each other and that they showed greater love to one another than any other couple she knew. What a tribute!
6 comments:
I love the Harmon's stickers; that's so great! What an awesome experience to be able to spend quality time like that with your older family members. I, too, LOVE the stories; I find them fascinating!
Thanks for what you did for the older generation. It meant a lot to them all.
GG
Let me know next time you want to visit Grandpa. I want to go too!
I always like hearing Grandpa's stories too. You are so sweet for visiting with them!
I'm so glad your scrapbook retreat went well. Sorry I couldn't make it. So this weekend is bad, but let's plan a pizza hut date. We're not in a home yet, but we could still eat pizza! :-)
Wow you are one busy lady! I look at your blog and wonder how in the world you have so much energy to do all the fun stuff that you do? I guess it helps not to be 8 months pregnant huh!
Post a Comment