Friday, May 29, 2009

Fathers and Sons

Two weeks ago, Jonathan went to his first Fathers and Sons Campout and was lucky enough to go with his dad and Grandpa. When Jon saw Wade wearing his camouflage hat, he ran to get his red fireman hat so he could be just like daddy. It was so cute!

FYI: That's the same camouflage hat that Wade has had since he was 17 years old. I thought it was the ugliest thing when we were first married because he wore it with his camouflage shirt, and believe it or not they just clashed together! But he insisted on wearing both to all the family reunions and other camping trips. It drove me crazy! But now that he wears the hat with this shirt, I think he looks great. How ironic that all along, he just needed to change the shirt! haha
Jon was pretty excited to see all kinds of wildlife.
(These are Buffalo, NOT cows...pretty cool.)
Grandpa Reed with Jonny, who's roaring at some deer. He roars at everything these days, animal or not. :)
Jon's favorite part of the trip was throwing rocks in the stream. It kept him entertained for hours. I wish I could keep him entertained that long at home! I'm so happy that the boys could have some bonding time. While they were camping, Emily and I slept over at Wade's mom's house for a fun girls night out. Yes, it's true, my mother-in-law is so cool that we were excited to hang out with her. :) We ate a delicious Mexican dinner and home-made apple pie, and then talked, laughed, ate chocolate, and painted our nails. In the morning, we enjoyed Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. Yum! Thanks again Mom!





*Some sad news is that our digital camera is broken thanks to a sippy cup leaking all over it while they shared space in the diaper bag. So we may not have new pictures to post for a while unless I can find a steal on Craigslist or KSL.com, OR if any of you want to sell us yours. ;)

8 comments:

Shawn said...

Hey! Looks like your guys had a good time! I wanted to let you know that we will be traveling up north the end of June/beginning of July, will you be around? I can't wait to see you and your kiddos!

Grandma Grace said...

What happened to Ruthanne's blog?
GG

cerrah said...

If only we could find a way to just let the little boys be outside all the time, they would always be entertained!

And I'm so sorry about your camera, that's heartbreaking. I'll keep my ears open for you if someone's selling one.

cerrah said...

Oh, and I laughed forever about Wade's hat and how it bothered you. I think it's the stuff like that that we actually love about our husbands, when we really think about it. It would almost be sad if he one day didn't like it anymore, you know?

Traciannee said...

What a fun time for the boys! Girls sleepovers are always great.

You should check eBay for a camera. Usually free shipping, new camera for the same price people are trying to sell their used ones on ksl.
Just a thought :)

Cynthia said...

So fun! I'm so glad your boys got to go! Travis and Max missed it because he had to work late that Friday night, and early on Saturday morning. That's so sad about your camera, hopefully you can get a new one soon! I want a new one too, but my old one is still barely hanging in there... so no new one for us yet...

Lyman and Kim said...

Way fun! That first picture of all three of the boys needs to be framed...its adorable!

Trav and Britt said...

what great pics! i love father/son outings!