Some of the moms whose kids will be in my preschool classes in the fall suggested I hold a Summer Camp. I decided to do it, and once I started planning, I had so many fun ideas and interested parents, that things have just fallen into place. It's every Tuesday and Thursday from June through July with a morning class for 2-3 year olds and an afternoon class for 3-4 year olds. Yesterday was my first day, and it was a blast! But of course I was worn out and took a nap after both classes were over. ;) Here's a glance into our Summer Camp activities:
June 2 & 4 “Kids in the Kitchen”: Food Week Your child becomes the cook! We’ll learn about the food groups and then experience food hands-on by making our own pizza, fruit popsicles, cupcakes, and more.
June 9 & 11 “Creepy Crawlies”: Bug Week What child doesn’t LOVE digging in the dirt searching for little creepy crawlies? Well, that’s exactly what we’ll do after learning about a variety of BUGS.
June 16 & 18 “Ready, Set, Race”: Car Week After discovering the different types of transportation, your child will feel like a real race-car driver as we hold our own races!
June 23 & 25 “The Music in Me”: Music Week Every week, we’ll sing songs to help us learn about the different themes, but this week we’ll especially focus on the different ways we can create music, including making our own instruments to take home. I’ll also record the children singing on a tape recorder so they can feel like a real “star!”
June 30 & July 2 “Create it”: Art Week Your child may just find the Picasso within him/herself as we learn about different art forms and create our own masterpieces, including a patriotic-themed one just in time to help us celebrate the 4th of July.
July 7 & 9 “Let’s Get Movin”: Dance Week We’ll have a lot of fun as we explore creative movement and dance. Then your child will even learn a dance to go home and teach the family.
July 14 & 16 “Scientists Explore”: Science Week With a dozen experiments to help us learn what, why, where, and how things work, your child will feel like a real scientist.
July 21 & 23 “Splash Time”: Water Week As we find different ways to explore with water, we’ll definitely get WET :) so send your child in his/her swimsuit both days.
Call me crazy, but I love being a preschool teacher! It feels so good to be able to bring in a little income for our family while playing with kids all day. Babysitting can wear me out, but with preschool, I have dozens of planned activities to keep the kids happy and engaged. It's awesome!
10 comments:
Aw man.... You're the fun mom that does lots of cool stuff with her kids (and other kids...)
You're not crazy just unbelievably talented! You need to share your sweet spirit and talent with those that you can. Looks like we will need to plan more Friday Jimmy John runs to help rejuvenate you after a busy week though! :)
I'm seriously so glad that you decided to do this! Juliet is having a great time at your camp.
This is not only good for my girls, but good for me. I need to get out of the house and out of my mind games. Thanks for letting me help you!
Sounds awesome! I wish that I lived closer so I could send Whitney!!
I always felt like taking a nap after I taught a bunch of preschoolers too! They just drain it right out of ya, don't they?
I want to come!
It looks like a lot of fun. I a happy for you. It's fun that you have found something that you enjoy and can be done with your kids.
I guess it wouldn't make sense to drive up there every week - but I wish I could send Eva!
What fun Activities! Your husband should just open a preschool for you and he can be a stay at home Dad!
Heck I wish you lived closer and I would send Kyle to your preschool! Your very talented and great with Children. I would totally trade haircuts for Preschool any day! So Move Closer! :)
Check my blog if you want to know if we are having a hamburger or a hot dog!!!
Post a Comment