Monday, June 15, 2009

Creepy Crawlies: Bug Week

My 3-4 year old class searching for bugs with their magnifying glasses; Emily, Nicole, Corban, Zach, and Cannon
We caught a spider, worm, and snail and put them in different jars. The snail was climbing out, so I thought it would be interesting to feed him. We gave him a piece of a cracker, and he devoured it within a minute. The kids thought it was so cool!
Zach, Emily, and Cannon building a tower with the Mega Bloks

I made the kids "ants on a log" as the snack for both classes on Tuesday

dancing like a butterfly
Emily painting her caterpillar green
Jon got a little carried away with the paint...check out his green arm!
Here's Emily's caterpillar all finished. How cute is he? Out of all my years teaching preschool, this has been one of my favorite crafts to do with the kids, once I figured out the most efficient way to stick those darn fuzz balls and eyes on. We first tried elmer's glue, then glue sticks, and the kids would say, "Miss Cafrin, it's fallin off!" It just wouldn't stay. So I pulled out my hot glue gun and presto, it sticks on like magic! I would add the glue and the kids would press the fuzz balls on, and we were both relieved that they finally stayed. Yeah!

2 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

Jonny in a Grad Night shirt. Ahh, Grad Night.

Suddenly, I feel old. Really old.

Megan said...

What a cute idea for the kids. You are so creative!