Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Saturday morning, we drove out to Tooele to visit our good friends, Dominick and Becky Brusso. We got the official tour of their new home and played with their sweet little girl, Giada. It was definitely fun to see Becky with her cute prego belly! :) We love these guys!
Then we went to Penny's, a really cool restaurant Wade's aunt recently restored, outside of Tooele. There we met Wade's 2 brothers and their families to surprise their dad for Father's Day. When we arrived, he was genuinely shocked to see us all, and it was awesome! After lunch, the kids played some pool and then we had some ice-cream cones at Clover Creek General Store. Yum!
When we returned home, Wade took the kids on a date to Chuck E Cheese, so I could have quiet time to work on an editing project for a friend. I know, it's not like I need one more thing in my life. But the money is good and for only 10 hours a week, I felt like I could do it for a few months. It's really such a blessing because the previous Fast Sunday, Wade and I had fasted for extra opportunities to earn income, so that we could slash the rest of our school debt. So Wade and I are both trying to do a little extra so that we can call Dave Ramsey's radio show soon with a "We're Debt Free!" shout out. Oh, and way to go Wade for spending 2 whole hours at Chuck E Cheese and not spending one single dime! The kids just used the tokens we had left over from a friend's brithday party.
Funny story: Sunday morning, I asked Wade if I could make him some pancakes for breakfast for Father's Day. He said, "Yes, but can you PLEASE make me Keith's pancakes (his step-dad's recipe) and not the HEALTHY ones you usually make?" I was shocked to hear my husband doesn't truly love my pancakes with whole wheat flour, flax seed, oats, and fruit mixed in. haha So much for thinking I am a good cook, huh?! ;)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Try using tofu and telling him it's chicken. That usually goes over well.

I hear Tonya announced yesterday! I've been sworn to secrecy for a long time now and I'm glad she told. I'm so excited for her!