Sunday, July 12, 2009

Celebrating the 4th

We started the day with a Neighborhood Breakfast. Just as we were about to take a family picture, one of my student's moms wanted to say "hi" and talk to me for a minute, and my family was getting tired of waiting, sooooo...
...my sister, Ruthanne, jumped in the picture to take my place.
(Katie stop laughing, it's not THAT funny! haha Okay, so it kind of is)
This is how the family picture really should look. Don't you think Wade and I make a better couple that Wade and Ruthanne anyway? lol
Austin and Ruthanne playing some baseball
Then it was Jonny's turn to be up to bat.
The Candy Cannon was a hit, as usual. It's a cannon that shoots out candy for the kids...and adults, too, of course. ;) I don't know how I was so lucky to capture it just as it was shooting off. Pretty cool, eh?

waiting for the candy to fly out of the cannon

Then we went to another Neighborhood Celebration, where they had a parade with the kids riding their bikes and scooters, a bounce house, and some lunch.

After naps, we hung out with Trent and Alix in their backyard. We couldn't ask for better neighbors. We love these guys! Here's Juliet, Em, Isaac, and Jonny at the sand & water table.
Cooling off in the pool and eating popsicles. Life doesn't get much better that that!
What the heck? Who let the big guy into the kiddie pool? ;)
That evening, we had a nice visit with Grandpa and Grandma Reed in Tooele, and then had a BBQ with Grandpa and Grandma Stoney and the fam at Tonya and Tyler's home in Grantsville. Here's Emily with Grandpa Stoney and Daphne, the dog.
Ah, sparklers...good times!
Emily and Jon kept dipping their noisemakers into the water bucket (where we put the used sparklers) and were "water-painting" all over the sidewalk.
the whole group watching the fireworks
Grandma Stoney and Emily talking to each other through the noisemaker :)

8 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

You know me so well! I have to admit that I didn't read the caption and was instead very entertained by Wade and Ruthanne together.

*Aliese* said...

I love that your sister stepped in-so funny! I also love the dress you're wearing--VERY CUTE.

---- said...

Looks like fun! I need to get US one of those "candy cannons!" Where did you get it? My kids would go crazy over one of those!!
BTW- Yes YOU and WADE make a MUCH cuter couple! ;)

The Mursets said...

What a fun 4th! Sounds like you are in a great area.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th! I have to agree with you, though, you and Wade do make a cuter couple. :)

Kristen said...

How fun. It looks like you have a really fun neighborhood too.

Ali said...

I just played catch up on your blog! I'm so happy your pre-school is thriving. I wish Eliza was in attendance!! You look beautiful my dear. The kiddos are adorable too (no surprise there!)

Brandi said...

Love you in the Red and white dress pic, your just so pretty:)
Oh, ya you and Wade all the way, you got a great catch, no wonder Ruthanne was trying to sneek in. Don't worry, I have a great catch too, I won't try to sneek wade:) Can't wait to see ya!