...who's napping again by the way. Can I get a "Hallelujah!" from the crowd please? Thank you! I guess it wasn't THAT bad taking away his binky. It was hell for a month, but now we're back to normal...normal 2 year-old behavior that is, complete with stubborn "I do it myself" independence, tantrums, body slamming his sister, constantly begging for candy, and still biting once in a while. But from reading a lot of your posts, I know you've experienced it, too and can relate, right? Jonny really is happier and cuter now that he's napping and sleeping through the night again. And all I have to say to that is, "Hip hip hooray, the Super Readers save the Day!" Oh my, did I just quote SuperWhy? I really need to go to bed! haha
Anyway, back to the reason for the post, which was Dance Week at my Summer Camp:
For Snack Time, the children pretended their gogurts were dancing sticks (or lightsabers) before gobbling them up.
(Confession: I think I was 18 before I learned the correct pronunciation of the word "lightsabers." I thought they were called "light SAVERS!" Pretty sad for a girl who used to have the biggest crush on Danny Frost, a.k.a Harrison Ford look-a-like. Did I just type that? Well, it's a good thing it's a private blog because I don't want him to know!)
Wow, I'm getting off the subject tonight.
Miss Elizabeth, Cannon, Jonny, Zach, and Nicole
Nicole, Emily, Jonny, Zach, and Cannon
Emily has loved Summer Camp at mommy's preschool and gets excited when her friends come over that are HER age; HOWEVER, she has been extremely whiney and naughty on the days I teach the 2 year-olds. She says that they're babies because they go poo poo in their diaper and that she doesn't want to play with them. It's insane that she acts up so much with my younger class because she's so happy and well-behaved in my 3-4 year-old class.
So to help her improve her attitude and behavior, I gave her the responsibilty of being teacher's helper rather that "one of the little kids" whenever I teach the 2 year-olds. I gave her this special necklace to wear so she would feel BIG, and I have her sit next to me during Circle Time and help me lead the songs and hold my books, before and after I read them. I even tell them to call her "Miss Emily" and she's been liking the posivite attention and power. ;)
5 comments:
You be careful. Giving a three year old "power" might just turn her into someone trying to take over the world. You don't really want that on your hands, do you?
And I would just like to point out that I never saw the resemblance between Harrison Ford and Danny Frost. But then again, I never saw the appeal of Danny Frost. But that's okay, I guess. I'm sure there were crushes of mine that you didn't understand, either. At least I picked George Clooney (who is only in his 40s now) instead of Harrison Ford, who is approaching 70. Let me just say, "Ewwww."
So are you already home from your trip? We weint over to Eileen's yesterday and thought Wade would be there, but he wasn't. The boys took a raft over to the lake and thought maybe Emily and Jon would want to go too.
I hope you had fun on your trip!
Really that looks like a lot of fun! You come up with some great ideas Catherine.
I'm glad your preschool is going well for you. I bet Emily loves being your helper too :)
First, what is this trip you went on? I heard Wade had the kids. Lucky you! Second, that is great that you have Emily help you out. You are such a good mom. You always seem to know just what to do.
Post a Comment