Saturday, November 14, 2009

Birthday Time!

With Wade's birthday and Emily's birthday a week a part, we often celebrate them together. We invited Wade's mom over for a nice lunch, and she brought Em a homemade crayon holder bag and some new Sunday shoes (which are already quite worn because she says they're her "favorite" and insists on wearing them every day! Funny girl.) Mom also surprised Wade with lots and lots of yummy snacks like oreos, pringles, mini snickers, and caramel candy. His mom sure knows how to make him smile. He was thrilled because it's all stuff I rarely buy.
Two very happy milk dunking, oreo-eating boys
When I asked Wade what he wanted for his birthday, he simply said, "a home-made apple pie." So that's exactly what I gave him. It happens to also be MY favorite dessert (with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, of course) so I was more than happy to meet his request! ;)
Wade: Hey, I thought you were going to help me with this Em?
Em: Okay, daddy.
Sunday, Wade's dad and step-mom came over and helped us surprise Emily with a pop-up tent and tunnel for her birthday.
Can you tell she likes it just a little?
And I have a feeling that Jonny likes it, too.
It is PERFECT for cold days when they need to get energy out but can't play outside.
That night, my sisters and their families came over for dinner.
Orange chicken, ham fried rice, veggies and....
pink birthday cake, of course!
Even Taylor, Jonny, and Alex enjoyed the pink birthday cake, but I'm pretty sure our little princesses, Emily and Hailey were more excited about it. ;)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Wade and Emily! Sophie got a crayon holder bag from Tyler's mom for her birthday too! Aren't they awesome?

Megan said...

Happy birthday guys! And happy anniversary! I'm glad you got to spend some time together!

Katie Leigh said...

Ahh! I can't believe your baby is four! That's crazy!