Alright, friends, I know I've been slacking with my blog. I've been updating my preschool blog weekly for the parents of my preschool students, so then I haven't had as much time or energy to also update our family blog. I've enjoyed reading YOUR blogs in the meantime, I just haven't done much with my own. Then last night, I thought it would be fun to show Wade some of my posts from last year, and we were both laughing at some of the experiences we've shared together. I realized again how valuable blogging can be to help me journal. And since we've had a lot of crazy and exciting things happen lately, I decided to get on the ball and finally update you all!
After we watched my sister's kids for a few days in September, my parents came in town to take over for us and stayed with them over the weekend. That Saturday, my dad decided to treat us all for a day at the Utah State Fair. We had a blast!

Hailey and Emily held hands everywhere we went. They are such good little buddies. It cracks me up!

Wade and Jonny, in their matching checkered shorts, checking out the cows

Emily picking apples at the Little Hands-On Farm

Jon and Em planting their seeds in the vegetable garden
You should have seen their faces when they saw what "their seeds" produced on the other side: dozens of carrots, potatoes, onions, the works! They were thrilled!

Wade, Emily, Cath, and Hailey on the big yellow slide

Wa-hoooooooooo!

Jonny didn't want to ride down it at first, but then he saw how much fun we had so he asked Grandpa to get him a ticket...
big mistake
He was not "wahoo-ing" to say the least!

"Daddy, don't EVER let me do that again!"
such a sad boy
The funniest thing about this picture is how appropriate it seems. Now before you get the impression that I THINK my husband is a PIG, believe me, that's just not the case. HOWEVER, Emily and Jon call him that, since they insist we all be characters from the show, Super Why. Jon is Super Why, Em is Wonder Red, I am Princess Presto, and Wade is Alpha Pig. So whenever they watch the show or see a pig anywhere, they say, "Hey, that's my daddy." I know it sounds awful, but it's kind of funny. Wade even has a sense of humor about it. haha

Cath, Hailey, and Em on our way up the ferris wheel
Thanks dad for a wonderful day!
4 comments:
Yea for Super Why!
Super Why is awesome!!!
Eva always says she is Princess Presto (of course), I'm Wonder Red, Casey is Super Why and Mae gets to be Alpha Pig :)
What a fun slide! Kyle probably would have done what jJohnney did too! : )
Post a Comment