However, I have been amazed at how my daughter is drawn to art. She is always drawing, coloring, painting, molding playdoe, you name it! My sister, Margaret, gave her a magna doodle for her 2nd birthday, and she still carries it around all the time sketching pictures of our family, her friends, her toys, or animals. But her favorite thing is actually just to grab a pencil and a piece of blank white paper and sketch for long periods of time. Two months ago (yes, that's how far behind I am on blogging), Emily drew a picture of herself. Wade and I were impressed. :) She's gotten better since then, but I wanted to post her first offical self portrait on the blog, so we will always remember how excited we were when she showed us.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Budding Artist
I don't consider myself an artist. I used to think I wasn't creative at all since art was always my worst subject in school, but I decided I can actually be quite creative, I just lack skill when it comes to drawing or painting. I have had a complex about my level of skill in art since 5th grade when Mr. Mitchell asked us to sketch a picture of an owl, and mine looked more like a fat penguin. Do you remember that Katie, Sarah, and Rachel? ;)
However, I have been amazed at how my daughter is drawn to art. She is always drawing, coloring, painting, molding playdoe, you name it! My sister, Margaret, gave her a magna doodle for her 2nd birthday, and she still carries it around all the time sketching pictures of our family, her friends, her toys, or animals. But her favorite thing is actually just to grab a pencil and a piece of blank white paper and sketch for long periods of time. Two months ago (yes, that's how far behind I am on blogging), Emily drew a picture of herself. Wade and I were impressed. :) She's gotten better since then, but I wanted to post her first offical self portrait on the blog, so we will always remember how excited we were when she showed us.
However, I have been amazed at how my daughter is drawn to art. She is always drawing, coloring, painting, molding playdoe, you name it! My sister, Margaret, gave her a magna doodle for her 2nd birthday, and she still carries it around all the time sketching pictures of our family, her friends, her toys, or animals. But her favorite thing is actually just to grab a pencil and a piece of blank white paper and sketch for long periods of time. Two months ago (yes, that's how far behind I am on blogging), Emily drew a picture of herself. Wade and I were impressed. :) She's gotten better since then, but I wanted to post her first offical self portrait on the blog, so we will always remember how excited we were when she showed us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh so cute!
Love it! Dr. Leigh would be so proud that you're not inhibiting her creativity. ;)
It was probably hard to feel like an artist when you had serious artist friends like Sarah, Cynthia and Karolee. Kinda like how I never felt musically talented with friends like Abby, Annaca and Cassidee.
But you definitely have many other talents sista!
Post a Comment