This happened back in September, but I haven't blogged about it yet, and I feel like I should since it's had such a huge effect on me...
After 5 years of serving as the Primary Music Leader in our ward, I was released. I didn't know what to think. I have had that calling since the moment we moved to Salt Lake. Although I'm 27 years old, I felt like I belong in primary. You all know ME. My 3 greatest passions are the Gospel, teaching children, and music. I felt so at home in that calling. For the next few weeks, I cried. a. lot. But my new calling has brought me a different kind of joy. I'm less exhausted on Sundays, but it keeps me busier all around. I'm the 1st counselor in the Young Women's Presidency, and I'm LOVING it. The girls I work with are amazing. They are strong. Some have dealt with abuse, divorce, and death, but they love their Savior and rely on him so completely. It's such a powerful example to me. They're also a lot fun. Whoever thought that teenagers were just as much fun as 4 year olds? (Besides Aliese, who always knew she would teach the older grades, while I preferred to teach the younger ones.)
Anyway, these are some pics from a service activity last month where we raked leaves for some of the elderly in our neighborhood. Of course, after we raked up big piles of leaves, we had to jump in them, too!
After 5 years of serving as the Primary Music Leader in our ward, I was released. I didn't know what to think. I have had that calling since the moment we moved to Salt Lake. Although I'm 27 years old, I felt like I belong in primary. You all know ME. My 3 greatest passions are the Gospel, teaching children, and music. I felt so at home in that calling. For the next few weeks, I cried. a. lot. But my new calling has brought me a different kind of joy. I'm less exhausted on Sundays, but it keeps me busier all around. I'm the 1st counselor in the Young Women's Presidency, and I'm LOVING it. The girls I work with are amazing. They are strong. Some have dealt with abuse, divorce, and death, but they love their Savior and rely on him so completely. It's such a powerful example to me. They're also a lot fun. Whoever thought that teenagers were just as much fun as 4 year olds? (Besides Aliese, who always knew she would teach the older grades, while I preferred to teach the younger ones.)
Anyway, these are some pics from a service activity last month where we raked leaves for some of the elderly in our neighborhood. Of course, after we raked up big piles of leaves, we had to jump in them, too!
Allie
Melanie
5 comments:
LoL Give me a hormonal teenager ANY DAY over a runny-nosed toddler! :) I'm glad you're enjoying your new calling though. YW Camp Director has been my favorite calling thus far and I'm pretty dang certain I won't find one I love more than that!
Yeah you are still alive! I have missed seeing you and your family, but I now understand that you have been super busy. Looks like tons of fun!
YW's is fun, but just keep remembering Virtue after Integrity...
You have been a busy little bee. I love the picture Emily drew of herself. Awesome! And Jon looks so dapper in that little suit! You have some little cuties there.
How fun to have a new calling. I think YW is a fun one. I'm sure you are great.
Post a Comment