Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Bunk Beds!

After seeing the bunk beds that Traci and Alix's kids have, I was convinved that the BEST bunk bed in history is the one from Ikea where the bottom bunk is on the ground so that the top bunk isn't as high. But now I think we have the best bunk bed ever because it is so cute, and it was free! Thanks Steve and Stacie! A few days before I was going to buy a bunk bed, my dad called and said he had one from my brother, Steve. His girls just weren't using it anymore. What a blessing for us!
So 2 days before Christmas, my big man and my little man got out their tools and put it together.
Then I made up the beds and had the kids finally walk in to see it.
2 months later and the novelty has not worn off. They are LOVING it!

9 comments:

The Mursets said...

That is adorable! And FREE makes it so much better!

Kathy said...

So cute and fun for the kiddos!

Emily said...

Wahoo! 2 posts! You go girl! ;-)That museum looks like so much fun - you always find great things to do with your kids. I love the bunkbeds too, especially because they were free. They look so nice! When I was little, we'd hang blankets around the bunk beds to turn the bottom bunk into a tent. We had so much fun!

Wade said...

Catherine, You always do such a great job with our family blog. Don't we have the cutest kids! They sure love those bunkbeds. Oh, and I love the new background. Thanks sweetie. I love you!

*Aliese* said...

That's so awesome! My sister and I had bunk beds as kids and we loved them.

Carlos said...

That's so fun!

Katie Leigh said...

You're alive! Yea! I can't believe how big Emily is. Crazy!

*Aliese* said...

@ Catherine--
Thanks! I love the short hair too. :) I actually cut it the same way the day Darrin and I returned from our Honeymoon...I haven't gone THAT short since, but don't you worry--it's been contemplated!

As for Dr. Leigh...I have no idea if she's employed anywhere. I just know when she was fired from DSC a couple of years ago, I threw a party.

JandK Manwaring Family said...

So cute! Fun to catch up on your blog---I'm still working on catching up on my own ;)