Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Camp 2010

Last year's Summer Camp at Shining Stars Preschool was such a success that I decided to do it again this year. It's great because it keeps my kids happy and engaged with something to look forward to. Plus I love teaching and am grateful for the extra income. Since I was pregnant, I kept it simple with just 1 class 2 days a week throughout June and July rather than 2 classes. I had 2 helpers, a 12 year-old and a 9 year-old to assist me with my students, which ranged between 5 kids and 10 kids depending on the week. Here are some of my favorite pics from Camp.
For Bug Week, after learning about a variety of insects and searching for some in the backyard, we made butterfly masks.
Jonny insisted I tape his butterfly mask on his back as if they were HIS wings. That kid cracks me up!
For Food Week, we made whole wheat pasta with chicken and mozzarella, peanut butter cookies, and fruit smoothies.
Of course everyone took turns stirring or adding ingredients.
Car Week is always their favorite because I have them bring their own bike or scooter, and we hold races. :) It's fun to see the competitive side come out of even the quietest, calmest kids during the races.
For Music Week, I bring in my keyboard for everyone to experiment with. It's cool because you can press a button to make any key sound like a particular instrument or voice tone. My favorite is the button for "choir." You hit a C chord, and it's like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is in the room. My helpers took a lot more cute pictures from Summer Camp, but I'm going to press PUBLISH POST right now so I can actually get caught up on the blog! ;)

No comments: