Saturday, April 27, 2013

Living Room Makeover

Before
 I loved the baby blue wall. It just always got overshadowed by the dark tan wall, dark red wall, and dark red curtains. So we painted the main long wall classic taupe, and the accent walls a hemlock bud green.
After
 Refreshing right?
PS) The blue bench was so fun to redo! We had originally planned on painting the cabinet green, BUT now we are liking the natural look since there are other pops of bright colors throughout the room. What do you think?

Before
Notice the black couch, super comfy, but saggy
After
This brown Pottery Barn style couch is just as comfortable, but with crisp and clean lines. I can't believe the difference it makes in uplifting the energy of the room.
Before
After
sanding...check
priming...check
painting and more painting...check
late nights...check
I need a nap now (or 7 naps), but gosh, it was worth it. What a fun piece of furniture.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

That RUG is MY FAVE!!! I would LOVE to see the cabinet the darker blue/turquoise color that would perfectly pop with the rug. Good WORK!!! I am a FAN!!!

The Lively's said...

Cute!!!! I love the rug! Don't change it!! Where did you get it? That's funny your changing things because I am too! I need happy colors! I am so sick of red. I am doing turquoise and yellow! :) I have a yellow cheveron table cloth on my table! LOL!

Ruthanne said...

I need to come visit you because I still haven't seen all of this in person. Lovin' it!