Here is a fun little game... leave a comment on my blog of a memory that you and I have had together. It doesn't matter if you've known me for a short time or a long time, anything that you remember! Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It is pretty funny to read the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you are playing and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. Come on, it'll be fun, just try it!
17 comments:
I was totally about to write you an e-mail about this memory I thought of last night when you called!
I was thinking of the eighth grade Christmas dance and some pseudo-birthday party we had at your house afterward. You, me, Cynthia, and Fred (a boy whose name has been changed to protect his identity) were hanging out in your room. For some reason, I honestly can't remember what, you and George started slow dancing that awful straight-arm, side to side "dance" all middle school kids do with some horrible song playing (probably Savage Garden or some other mushy song from the late nineties). I don't know why on earth you were doing this, (knowing me, I probably dared you to), but it made me laugh so hard when I thought about it! You think about it too, and let me know how hard you laugh. Ah, the joys of middle school! I'm anxiously awaiting my birthday present!
So I just realized that the above post may be a little confusing because I gave the nice, but probably hormonal at the time, boy two different pseudonyms. It's really the same boy! He was just originally named "George," but I thought that would make you think of George Clooney. Totally a different set of memories. . . although good ones! :)
Yeah, I know who "George" is!!! HAHAHA I totally laughed out loud on that one Katie... Anyway, my memory... there's so many to choose from... Well, I remember one time we were sitting on your porch drinking milk, and you said something to make me blush/laugh, and I laughed so hard milk came out of my nose!! But you're always good at making me laugh, that's probably why I needed and need you so much as a friend. My life would be pretty boring without you.
The first memory I have of you was at your wedding reception in Tooele. I went through the line and you said, "oh my gosh, you are so pretty". And I thought, wow she must be such an awesome girl if she's giving compliments on HER wedding day (well, it wasn't your wedding day since it was an open house but still, you were the bride). I thought Wade was lucky to have such a thoughtful girl! And who can forget the half gallon of chocolate milk you drank while you were pregnant with Emily! Fun times! By the way, I totally forgot you played the NES! haha!
So many memories....the ones that I think of at the moment are of Nicole H. and I coming to your apartment, by the institute, and doing our visiting teaching. Good times...good times.
You totally stole my memory!!! You'll always be that crazy red-head who attacked me at Freshman orientation! But I guess I'll have to pick a different memory. So, remember when we met at the Rec Center with the kids right after Emily was born and had a cookie picnic? And you brought those kebler elf cookies with chocolate in the middle? It was fun! We have had lots of fun times! I love ya!
I know I've already left two posts on here, but I couldn't help but add another one. After reading about Cynthia and her milk I had visions of you and me as ten year olds on the swings at Santa Clara Elementary arguing over whether Katherine should be spelled with a 'K' or a 'C.' I'm not sure that we ever came to an agreement, or if we just agreed to disagree, but since here we are fifteen years later (holy crap!), I guess the argument was worth it.
Oh, and it's spelled with a 'K'.
Ok let's see...memories of Catherine. Of course I have to mention Fairy Bear. For all of you who don't know, this was a game Catherine and I made up as kids. We played it every Sunday. haha I was always the bear and I stole all of her stuffed animals and the fairy had to come rescue them. I think I was like 5. I also remember on my Wedding Day that you and Margaret were sticking your tongues out at me to try and make me laugh. I was like, What the heck are they doing?? Especially in the temple? hehe hahah so I just thought of another one! Ok so it was my birthday and I think I was 8. Dad told me to count the sleeping bags in the tent trailer because we were going to a family reunion soon. I was like, um ok sure. I started counting all of them and Dad told me to turn around and count the ones on the other side and there was my new bike! I was so excited and the whole family was so excited for me. Catherine goes up to the video camera, because Mom was filming and says in a deep voice, "She may be happy, but I'm not!" lol Good Times. I could say more, but that should be good.
First off, Tyler says to tell Wade that he's "...available and Heather's okay with it."
My first and only memory with you Catherine is when we did sealings at the Ogden Temple with Tyler's parents and then went and had lunch afterwards. At lunch you did the, "I want that." from Napolean Dynamite, and Tyler's mother thought it was hilarious.
WARNING!!! RANDOM COMMENT!
Speaking of Napolean Dynamite...Catherine did you see Kherington and Mark's last dance on So You Think You Can Dance? It was totally the main song at the end of Napolean Dynamite. I was freaking out! hehe Are you shocked Kherington is gone? I'm sad Gev is gone.
Remember when came over to my apartment for lunch the week after we first met...you know the time when I said, "Hey, you want an orange?" then I tossed it over to you and you totally let it just smash you in the head...That was funny. Good times!
Well most of my memories are from the "stilts" aparments. I remember watching movies at night with Jason. You and Wade would come over with popcorn to see what movie was on because you couldn't really tell from listening through the walls.
You coming over or me going to your place and just talking or watching old movies like the old version of "You've Got Mail".
Wade bringing over Papa Johns cheese sticks after work.
You bringing me a roast dinner after I had my miscarraige.
I don't know why I don't remember alot of things from my St. George years, but I do remember going to your house for the first time. I had to park underneath it and if I recall correctly you had like dark brown carpet? Oh, and I also remember playing Frizbee Football with you too. I have long term memory loss today... sorry!
Hey, Cheryl (I can't remember her maiden name) saw your comment and said she totally knows you and would like to be invited to your blog. Her's is linked on mine, so you can contact her that way.
Catherine, I have you down for breakfast on Saturday. Seth is having pancakes, sausage and eggs on Friday. Do you know what you are having yet?
GG
I mean you are down for Friday Breakfast and Seth has Saturday.
GG
I remember that you guys came to visit us at the hospital, but I feel like that was a different person than the katherine i know now! Things were more serious in the hospital...but not anymore! I remember when I found-out that you have Verizon and that meant i could call you any time i wanted, and I was SUPER excited. Don't ask me why I haven't taken advantage of that! HA ;o) isn't life funny?
Post a Comment