Emily came home from preschool on Monday with this witch broom, and we already had the witch hat, so the kids had to test both out. It was hilarious to watch them run around like witches, cackling and all. You have to click on both pics for a closer look at their crazy facial expressions!
Thursday night, we decorated the trunk of our car and participated in Trunk or Treat in our church parking lot. This was the first year our neighborhood has done it, and it was so much fun! The area we live in is wonderful, but very difficult to go trick-or-treating in, I think. There are so many college students and older folks who don't have their lights on, that there will only be 1 in 10 houses wanting you to stop by their home on Halloween night. So I was grateful we had Trunk or Treat. Some of our neighbors were quite creative with how spooky they decorated their trunks. And the best part was that we got the whole neighborhood involved, not just those who are LDS.
Emily acted shy most of the time there, but not Jon. He picked up quickly how this Trick-or- Treating thing works, and he was eager to get that candy.
Because Wade had a night class, Austin and Ruthanne came to help me with the kids at the Trunk or Treat. Aren't they awesome? Here they are watching Emily and Jon check out their stash of candy. Thanks again, you guys!
Friday morning, we went to the Mommy and Me Music Class. Wade came with us since he didn't have to work til 1pm, and he wanted to spend time with the family. We were happy to have him with us.

If you can't tell, Wade is supposed to be the Tin Man. ;) And Jon is just being silly putting the maracas against his cheeks.
Regan Joy, Salote Lauti, Emily, Jon, and Adam Hunsaker all shaking the parachute, trying to get the spider to fly off of it. (Cute idea, Traci) The next pic is the whole group eating lunch at the Halloween Party we had after class. If you can't tell, Wade is supposed to be the Tin Man. ;) And Jon is just being silly putting the maracas against his cheeks.
Scooping out the gooey part and carving a face
13 comments:
Happy Halloween! I love your theme costumes, very cute. I love watching little kids catch onto the candy thing at Halloween. Your kids are super cute and it looks like you guys have had some fun!
Happy Halloween, what great costumes! You guys look awesome.
I love all the costumes! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun and got lots of candy!
I l-o-v-e-d seeing everyone in their Halloween attire. Too cute for words. Thanks!
Sitting down to blog surf tonight, I thought to myself, who will already have Halloween pictures up for my viewing pleasure? Catherine will.
Ah yes, I was not disappointed. You are an ambitious soul with these posts lately, I love it. You all look adorable (I'm also impressed that you dressed up too). But I have to ask, what happened to the ruby red slippers? Or am I delusional in remembering you saying you got some before? Regardless, very cute. I'm glad it was a good Halloween for your family.
LOVE the costumes! So cute and so much fun.
Great costumes!!
That is perfect! I love the costumes. Themes are the best! Plus great pumpkins.
How cute! I love coordinating costumes! I'm going to try and make my kids do that for as long as I can.
What a great little Halloween you and your family had. Darling pumpkins and great job switching up the costumes on Emily and Johnathon!
We had some pretty crazy stuff at our trunk-or-treat. I mean the trunks were so cool. Some people brought their big blow up lawn thingys. It was cool. Great costumes. What a good sport to dress up. I didn't!
Very nice! I love that Emily changed her mind, and wanted to wear a different costume. We just got a WHOLE BUNCH of hand-me-down VHS movies, and Beauty and the Beast was one of them. Elora was completely mesmorized the whole time, she loved it! I think she was also glad that she finally got to meet one of the characters on her underwear...
So fun! I love Emily's face with the pumpkin. You and Emily have matching aprons, how cute is that? I wish my boys would wear aprons with me :-) Also, I didn't comment on the last post, but how fun going to the homestead for your anniversary. I've been there and I know it's tons of fun!
Post a Comment