Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Wade

Wade just turned 27 and had a great birthday! I made him pancakes for breakfast (Keith's recipe...Wade's favorite), and then he opened his gifts. I gave him this blue dress shirt he's wearing and Jon and Emily gave him the tie. Later, I surprised him by showing up at his work with a Happy Birthday balloon and then took him to Subway for lunch. At work, they had a birthday cake for him and a card that everyone had signed.

Wade came home at 5:30pm and had a Totinos pizza all to himself. This is a special treat at our house because we always share the pizza. However, the kids and I were going to be eating dinner at a primary activity at 6pm, so he didn't have to share this one. Of course Jonny kept saying and signing "please" so cute that Wade gave him a few bites. ;) Then he left for his night class, while the kids and I went to the church for the talent show with the primary.
In the talent show, I sang, "I Feel My Savior's Love" and Emily sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" or in her words, "tinkle, tinkle, little tar." It was so cute, and she did a wonderful job! She was only a little nervous at first which is why she wanted me next to her, but then she started singing and did great.
While the older primary children were performing in the talent show, the little ones climbed behind the bleachers for the best seat in the house. I posted this picture just for you, Kathy, so Elyse could see her old friends. :)
After the activity, my sister dropped her daughter off at our house so we could babysit her over night and all day Friday, while Margaret attended a Scrapbook Retreat up at Bear Lake. Emily and Hailey were quite excited to see each other and to have matching pajamas and sippy cups!
I let the kids stay up till Wade came home from his night class, so they could play with daddy and sing happy birthday to him, which made him very happy. Here they're singing, "If you're mad and you know it, stomp your feet." Wade's wearing the shirt that my parents gave him. Emily told him, "My Uncle Autin has a shirt like dat!" We thought that was funny. After the kids were in bed, Wade and I stayed up till 1am watching more of Season 3 of The Office. We're still trying to catch up, and it just gets funnier with every show. Does anyone agree?On Friday morning, at our Mommy and Me Music Class, the kids were really cute as they danced in a train together.
After class, I was putting the intruments back into the closet, when I turned out and saw Jonny up on a chair "leading the music." That boy makes me smile.

14 comments:

The Lively's said...

What....I can't believe I am the first to comment and you don't have 12 people that all ready said something...it is a miracle ;) ! Anyhoo Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday Wade! You old Fart! Well not really cuss that would make me one too! Happy B Day!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a long day! Hailey and Emily are such cute cousins!

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness, that pic of you and Emily, is so in the moment and I LOVE IT! Good choice for Wade too with the BLUE shirt and tie,it looks good! You have the best taste of course, and that is why you are friends with me right???
(a little hehe haha here!)
Love ya sunshine!

Brandi said...

Sorry, One more thing,
I am doing a drawing for a FREE SHOPPER TOTE bag, see my blog for details.

Carlos said...

Happy Birthday Wade!! Those pictures are so cute! Your little ones are just such fun kids! Loved the pics!

Kathy said...

So cute! Jonny is too cute up there leading the music. All the kids look so grown up. Can't believe the difference a few months makes. Thanks for sharing! Elyse loved it.

Katie Leigh said...

Mike thinks you traded your baby in for a larger child. He can't believe Jon is so big!

Go visit Sarah's blog when you get two seconds. She posted her painting submission for the Ensign and it's absolutely beautiful.

Karen said...

Ethan waves his hand in the air in circles when the ward music leader stands up in Sacrament meeting to lead the music. It cracks me up. Happy birthday, Wade! Mike always gets the Totinos pizzas to himself. You can come here and have your own if you'd like on a guys night or something. I'd prefer Papa John's!

Traciannee said...

What a fun and long day. Celebrating daddy's birthday I think is just as much for the kids as it is for daddy. Glad you had such a great day. Happy Birthday Wade (sorry it is a bit late).

Kelly said...

Cute pictures. That was sweet emily singing in the talent show. I can't believe she had the guts! Way to go! I like the matching pj's too. Happy Birthday Wader (again ey?) I'd sing to you, but this will have to do.

Megan said...

I love their matching jammies!

I bought the smaller black and white polka dot diaper bag. It's really cute!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Those are some cute pics!!

Happy birthday to Wade too.

cerrah said...

I love both of your last posts, and I finally have a second to tell you so. The tostinos made me laugh, when we were brand new married we lived on those things, until it got to the point that neither of us could stomach them any longer. So beware... heh.

The leading the music picture and the picture of you and Emily on the stage are both priceless.

Thank you for your comment about my painting. It really means a lot to know that people understand what I was trying to say and care enough to tell me so.

Kristal said...

Happy Birthday Wade!! Nice to celebrate with a little Office3...it's what we would have done. Emily is so stinkin' cute up there singing. How brave of her!