Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Weekend with Grandma & Grandpa Stoney

While Wade and I were away for our 5-year anniversary trip, Emily and Jonathan stayed with their Grandma and Grandpa Stoney
(Wade's mom and step-dad).
Here's Emily in her Dorothy costume before she went to the Halloween Party with Grandma. And here's Jon playing with horses (his favorite-he held one in each hand all weekend, we hear). Wade's mom is such a sweetheart for letting the kids mess up her house like this. Her home is so organized and clean, unless the grandkids are playing!

Emily helping Grandma make dinner


Can you tell it's bedtime? Very sleepy grandkids...and look how happy their grandparents are to be holding them. I love that they geniunely love our kids. I think Mom looks so pretty in this picture. And it's neat that I can see some of Wade in her.

Waking up Grandpa, probably a little earlier than he wanted to be woken up!

Just playing and being silly

cheesy Emily

and extra cheesy Jonny

After picking up the children that evening, Mom invited us for Sunday dinner and dessert. When we asked them how the weekend went, Mom said, "I was completely exhausted at the end of each day, but I enjoyed every minute of it." We could tell it was a special experience for all four of them. Wade and I are so grateful that they were willing to watch our children and that Emily and Jon could get to know their grandparents a little bit better. It's really cute that Emily keeps asking me if she can go play with her friend, Grandma Stoney. :)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

That's so awesome! I wish we could go on a weekend away, but there are no babysitters who would do it for free around here... And I swear that dinning room/kitchen looks so much like my parents old house...

Kristal said...

Hahahah....I love the cheesy pictures of the kids! So freakin' cute!