Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas

Since Emily and Jonathan had a doll house and build-a-bears waiting at home for them from Santa, we only brought one toy for them to share from us. It was great, because then they really appreciated their one toy from my parents on Christmas morning, a baby doll for Emily and Mega Bloks for Jon. They were so happy, they didn't need anything more.
Emily was in love with her baby doll and carried her around all day long.
My friend, Michelle, had just given me a hand-me-down Aquadoodle Train Set, so we saved it for Christmas and gave it to both kids. They thought it was so cool.

Randy and Andrea, who had our family for Christmas, gave the kids new outfits. It was especially cute when Jon tucked his new shirt under his chin to show it off because he's never done that before. They gave me a Lia Sophia necklace, a shirt, and a classy white dress coat, which I love! They gave Wade a dress shirt and tie. My parents gave us food storage, a large water storage container, a wheat grinder, and money for each of us to buy a new coat. Thank you so much Randy and Andrea and mom and dad for your fun surprises! We're really grateful!
The best part about Christmas this year was that Grandpa Callister was able to spend the day with us! He had really been looking forward to it, since he's been in a rehab center recovering from surgery. He was so happy just watching Jon and Emily's excitement. It was awesome. He told my mom it was the best day he had in a long time.
Every day that we were in St. George, I went to see Grandpa in the rehab center, whether I was with my mom, Wade and the kids, or by myself. We had a lot of good talks. I admire that man so much.

Here's Jon and Emily snuggling in bed with Grandpa.
Wade's mom and step-dad spent their Christmas with Grandpa and Grandma Maughan in St. George, so we were able to spend time with them as well. They took us all out for dinner at Olive Garden to celebrate Wade being done with school. Thanks Mom and Keith! It was wonderful.
After dinner that night, we went to Celeste's house for a fun party with my high school friends. I even brought Katie some EL Fudge cookies so she could bite the heads off, just like we used to. ;) It was seriously such a blast hanging out with these guys! I'm glad we all still keep in touch.

Here's Wade and Emily putting a puzzle together at the party and Emily checking out the fish with Elise, Jake and Jamie's daughter. The next night, I planned a huge party for our old college married ward, which was also a blast. I'll post about it later this week, so stay tuned!
Monday, we hung out with my brother, Nick, and his family at their house. You can already tell Jonathan and Preston are going to be good buddies when they get older. They're a lot alike! Then we went to see our friends, Jared and Brandi Wilcox. I think EJ has a crush on Emily, but you better not tell his mommy that! ;)
This is what happens when Brandi and I get to talking...our kids disappear and destroy the house. Yikes!Tuesday, I spent time with my friend, Kayla Gubler. Here's Ems playing with Myah's train set and Myah wondering when she can have her toy back. haha They really did play well together.

That afternoon, Wade and I stopped by the Talent Sprouts studio in Santa Clara to see my friend, Lyndy Butler. She has done an amazing job creating a fun learning environment for kids there. They teach preschool as well as Performing Arts. Lyndy is living my dream! Talent Sprouts is definitely something I would be interested in starting here in Salt Lake, someday.
Tuesday night, we had a surprise visit from my cousin, David Callister, and his family. They had driven all the way from Howe, Idaho to St. George just so they could see Grandpa. Steve and Stacie also arrived that night from California. And Nick and Summer came over, too. I made my famous pork tacos for the whole family, all 23 of us!
We played Apples to Apples for hours and couldn't stop laughing. It was great!
My cute dad wanted to read Cinderella to his granddaughters. Boy was he surprised to find out that smart little Katrina could read it to him!

Here's Ems snuggling under a blanket with Amanda. And the next morning, Jon took Lizzie's pink toy piano and she wasn't so sure she was happy with the switch. haha
Emily, Katrina, and Ali jumping away
my sweet boy, covered in dirt and happy as can be!
After playing outside, what's better than making cookies? I'll tell you...having Uncle Steve juggle the balls of cookie dough, that's what! PS) special thanks to Nestle Toll House for preparing the cookie dough for us, so we could get straight to the fun: eating and playing with the cookie dough!
New Years Eve, we went out to the movies as a family to see Bedtime Stories. It was hilarious, but I think I enjoyed it even more because I sat next to Katrina and Jace, who were busting up laughing throughout the entire movie!
Here's the fam! (well, at least half of us) What a good-looking group, eh?
After the movies, I dropped Wade off on top of the black hill to set up fireworks with his buddy and old mission companion, Ryan Gubler, for the First Night New Year's celebration. He said it was such a cool experience to set up the fireworks and then light them off.

This was such a wonderful Christmas break for us, and I feel so fortunate to have been with family and friends for every day of it! Besides Jonny throwing up in the car on the way home, these 9 days could not have been better. I hope you all had a great Christmas, too!

15 comments:

Heather said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

*Aliese* said...

Emily is absolutely ADORABLE carrying around her baby doll; I totally remember never being bored with baby dolls. I love that the holidays are a fabulous time for families and friends to get together again and just have a good time; it seems as though your Christmas Break was fantastic! And just FYI--the picture where your dad's reading Cinderella--pretty positive I thought it was Dr. G. and I laughed out loud when I realized it wasn't. Not sure why I previous thought it was socially acceptable for Dr. G. to be chillin' with your fam on Christmas though either.

Traciannee said...

Holy Cow that is one fun filled packed Christmas Week. It is always fun to get in all the fun family and friends parties.
Glad you had such a great time sorry about your ride home. Guess there was something massive going around. Gibby got it and I know about 10 others who have been sick the last two weeks.

The Lively's said...

Well didn't you have fun! :) Hey glad you were able to see Wade's parents and Grandparents! Sorry about your Grandpa! But that was sweet you guys were able to see him! Glad you had a good new year and Christmas!

matt and brynnzie said...

you guys were busy. It sounds fun, and it was full of family. What more could you ask for.

Anonymous said...

I'll admit that picture of the family without me makes me a little sad.

Darci said...

Looks like you had a very good Christmas :D Glad that you got to spend time with your family and share your traditions.

Lois said...

Wow, that was a fun time, wasn't it? Thanks so much for coming down. We had tons of fun with Em and Jon (especially Papa)! Love,
Mom

Katie Leigh said...

You look like you had so much fun! I'm glad I got to see you and hang out with your kids. I love them! And thank you for the EL Fudge. We packed them very carefully into our luggage, and they made it safely home. We were still coming off all the sugar we'd had in Utah, so they were great to have!

And yea to you for getting all your pictures up. I'm hoping to get mine up today. Since I have no job now (woo hoo!) I have some free time.

Brandi said...

oh, that is such a good pic of Em and EJ! How cute! Glad we could see you.

cerrah said...

Holy Christmas posts, Batman. You always put the rest of us to shame. It looks like you guys had an amazing time on your break. Thanks for sharing all the adventures!

Kathy said...

Wow! What a great get-a-way for Christmas! I am so excited for you to get a wheat grinder. What a great gift. I want to see pics of your new coats and clothes too. :) What a great Christmas.

Carlos said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas! Fun pictures!!!

Carlos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacie Lang said...

We had so much fun seeing you guys, and we are so glad you stayed the couple of extra days. Love ya