Last week, since I was teaching my preschool class about oceans and ocean animals, I wanted to serve blue jello to represent the ocean with Swedish Fish on top for the snack. But they didn't have blueberry jellow at Wal-Mart, so I had to buy lime jello. I knew they sold blueberry jello at Harmons, but I wasn't thrilled about making a second stop on the way home WITH my two kids in tow. So I decided I would just add some food coloring to the green jello to change the color to blue.
When I got home, I made the lime jello, adding blue food coloring to it, but it just made it a darker green. So then I added YELLOW food coloring, knowing that GREEN and YELLOW make BLUE. What? It doesn't? Yeah, I soon figured that out when the jello became even GREENER. Idiot wake up call here! I teach preschool...you think I would remember it correctly--YELLOW and BLUE make GREEN! What the heck was I thinking? So as Bill Engvall says, "Here's your sign!" haha
I figured the kids wouldn't mind eating green jello because all they really cared about were the Swedish Fish anyway!
When I got home, I made the lime jello, adding blue food coloring to it, but it just made it a darker green. So then I added YELLOW food coloring, knowing that GREEN and YELLOW make BLUE. What? It doesn't? Yeah, I soon figured that out when the jello became even GREENER. Idiot wake up call here! I teach preschool...you think I would remember it correctly--YELLOW and BLUE make GREEN! What the heck was I thinking? So as Bill Engvall says, "Here's your sign!" haha
3 comments:
Jell-O is like people. It doesn't matter what color you are, it's always good.
Hey, I put up a new blog link this morning. I'm not going to tell you what it is though. You'll just have to go see on your own.
ha ha! this is great! i just laughed my face off, thanks for making my day :)
Hey, I have those sundae cups! Love 'em! Also love that you tried to make blue...
Post a Comment