Friday, April 10, 2009

It's impossible to frown when eating a Frosty

I love teaching preschool. But this morning, it was more of a challenge because Emily was being so ornery! Before class started, she said with a scowl on her face, "I don't want my friends coming to my house." She usually gets so excited and tells me that "Etta's coming. Audrey's coming, Adam's coming...and I get to play with them!" But not today. She was sassy to them and to me, and I didn't appreciate it one bit! She just wasn't her usual sweet self. I think she was tired and in need of some good one-on-one time with mommy. (I think I'll take her on a date this weekend).

So after preschool, Jon, Emily and I snuggled up on the couch together to watch Sleeping Beauty. Em was still being a sour puss, and who wants to snuggle with a sour puss? It was making me ornery, too! So do you know what I did? While they were distracted with the movie, I tip-towed downstairs and snuck a Keebler Fudge chocolate, peanut butter cookie from my secret stash. Admit it, YOU also have a secret stash, am I right? ;) Oh my, to say it made my day would be an understatement. Like the Wendy's ad says, "It's impossible to frown when eating a frosty." Chocolate just makes ya happy, and this cookie was no different for me. So I grabbed two more cookies, a glass of milk, and watched Anne of Green Gables for 10 minutes in my room on our second TV (which rocks by the way-13 inch screen, baby).

Then the kids found me...so I look at my empty milk glass and the memory of the cookies, which were soooo well enjoyed, and I think, "Same time, same place, tomorrow." *sigh* something to look foward to...

10 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

I have a stash of mini candy bars in my office at school. I'm there just as much as I'm at home, so it works. Mike eats just as much chocolate as I do, so there's no way to keep a stash at home. Although, I have to admit it's great having a husband that understands the need for chocolate.

cerrah said...

lol. Yeah, obviously I agree.

Cynthia said...

Did you bite the heads off?

Trav and Britt said...

hahaha! i love it! you are good, i would have probably taken care of the whole bag! :) and what a good mommy you are to be so patient :) and by the way, i will make you bows anytime, you just let me know! :)

Stacie Lang said...

Ha a secret stash in my house would be eaten on the first day. No secret stashes for me :(

Kelly said...

HA! One stash? I have a like 5! :-)
I have days like that too. Today while Ethan was sleeping I went outside with Ryan while he rode his bike and I layed on a blanket and soaked up the sunshine. Sunshine always makes me happy and in a better mood! But on non-sunny days...I go for the chocolate...oh who am I kidding, I do the chocolate everyday. You're awesome!

Carlos said...

Oh Catherine! You're so cute! Yes, I think we all have days like that...that must be why God inspired somebody to invent chocolate...for the sanity of mothers everywhere :)

Recovery Guru said...

I have to hide treats too! If I don't they disappear with in hours! Unfortunately the reason my butt is as big as it is is because of those hidden snacks eaten when I am emotional!

---- said...

LOL!! You are too funny! I know you are a true Mom when I find out you have a secret stash! There is just something about being able to eat by YOURSELF without having kids begging you for some! Kaden used to make fun of me because I would wait until both kids were napping to have my "lunch break." I would get them to bed, get my lunch ready, turn off the phone and turn on my latest rerun of Judging Amy or Gilmore Girls! It was SO nice! (it would bother me though when he would come home for his lunch break...only to intrude on mine!!) Men just don't quite understand just what it is like to CRAVE just 5 minutes ALONE!!!

Brandi said...

I loved what Janese said, that is why God invented Chocolate, like DUH, I totally agree! Yes, I ALWAYS have to have SOME kind of chocolate in the house, matter of fact, I don't think I ever make cookies with the chocolate chips, they are gone by then. hehe. love ya.