Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Music Recital

I have been teaching voice lessons for 6 months now, and last night was the Spring Music Recital for my voice students.
Karin is a wonderful woman in my neighborhood. When I was released as Ward Choir Director last year, she told me how much I had helped her and asked me if I could start teaching her and her grandchildren private voice lessons. She sang beautifully last night and has developed so much confidence since I started teaching her.
Emily sang just like a princess last night, with a soft and sweet voice. I was proud of her.
Here are all my voice students eating cookies after the recital. They even surprised me by giving me a bouquet of flowers afterwards. I have loved teaching voice lessons, but I don't think I'll be able to continue in the fall because my preschool will be starting up, so I'm going to have to let some other things go, so I can keep life simple (sort of).

No comments: