Sunday, July 5, 2009

Temple Trip

Last Saturday, I invited two of my friends, Alix and Meg, to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House with me. Neither one of them is a member of the LDS church, so it took a lot of courage for me to invite them. But they both said yes, because they were genuinely curious to see the inside of an LDS temple. On our way, I realized that I've never had someone named "Meg" riding in my car until now, even though our dashboard cover has the words "Meg's Car" on it. Wade and I bought the car 5 years ago from a girl named Megan and just never bothered to buy a new dashboard cover. It's always been a fun conversation piece when people get into my car and ask me if my nickname is Meg or something. haha We had a good laugh about it, and I told Meg I just had to get a picture of this momentous occasion! We then enjoyed some amazing fried zucchini, burgers, and milkshakes at Red Robin. Yum!
After lunch, we walked through the temple, and it was a really neat experience to share something that is so special to me with them. I love the temple. I feel warmth and peace each time I'm there. It really does remind me of what heaven is going to be like.
Gorgeous girls: Meg, Catherine, and Alix :)

6 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

I haven't thought about "Meg's Car" in so long! I saw the picture and started laughing before I even read about your friend Meg.

Lois said...

What cute friends! If they are as beautiful inside as outside, no wonder you wanted to share our temple with them! Good for you!

Alix Bryant said...

Thanks for inviting us, Catherine, I had a great time!

Catherine said...

Too much fun! I love the coordinating dresses :)

Catherine said...

Cat, I promise we didn't plan it! We all just wore black and white that day. lol

Kathy said...

Funny, my first thought was, wow, they coordinated the clothes that day!
GLad you enjoyed the open house. We were able to go while we were there too and thought it was amazing.