Sunday, July 5, 2009

Daddy's taking us to the zoo tomorrow!

We are loving our zoo pass! I don't think I mentioned before that that's what Wade and I along with Grandpa and Grandma Reed gave Jonny for his birthday in March. He really didn't need any more toys, and since he loves animals, it seemed like a perfect gift for him. It's kind of ironic that we bought the pass for Jon because kids under 3 get in for free anyway. But he can't go to the zoo without us, so we all get to enjoy the benefits of having the pass! ;) We go a few times a month, and this particular trip, Wade took the kids so I could stay home and work on my editing project. Most of our zoo pictures all look the same, but Wade took some really fun shots this time that are different than any we already have. Here's Emily at Elephant Encounter.
little buddies with the rhino
Emily loves this backpack. Before we go anywhere, she stuffs it full with all sorts of toys, dress-up jewelry, sunglasses, binoculars, snacks, and a water bottle or two. This "pack-rat" stage she's in cracks me up.
Do any of your kids do the same thing?
Emily hiding in the dinosaur egg

Does this spider creep anyone else out? Bigger than life insects always give me the shivers. I'm just glad they're a lot smaller in real life!

3 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

Lizzie did the whole pack-rat stage thing. But it was called her "collection" because The Little Mermaid had just come out. I thought it was just a basket full of junk.

Lois said...

So nice to let the zoo monkeys meet "your little monkeys!" Hey, do you know the song, "Going to the Zoo Tomorrow?" It was popular when I was in college!

Catherine said...

We'll have to come and met you at the zoo sometime!