We are so excited our gate is finally installed! We live on kind of a busy street, and this gate gives me much more peace of mind for when Jon, Emily, and my preschoolers play in the backyard. The sandbags on the bottom right of the picture are to prevent any more flooding in the basement. That's right, with all this rain we've had in Salt Lake, our basement flooded a bit, but it was a huge blessing that it happened just as the old tenants were moving out, so we only had pay to have the carpets cleaned once.
I think I've mentioned before we have a cute 2 bedroom apartment in our basement that we rent out. Because we live so close to Wesminster College and the U of U, it's not difficult to find new tenants. So there is usually only one day the apartment is empty after the old tenants have moved out and before the new tenants move in. My kids always have a HAY DAY on the day it's empty. They run all around the apartment and hide in the closets and shower. It's hilarious to me how it can entertain them for so long!
8 comments:
That's fabulous! I'm glad your new tenants are better than the other ones (if I remember, they weren't so awesome??). How nice that they're willing to do some babysitting too! Very convenient.
I used to monitor sit for my friend and she'd monitor sit for me when we had late night errands to run. She was just a hop away and it was so convient. It's great, especially if your kids are sound sleepers and deep sleepers like Ethan is.
How nice to live in "a gated community!" It looks fantastic! Just don't rely on the gate alone--I felt so safe when Steve was 18 months old and we moved into a house with a fenced in backyard. The 2nd day, he figured out how to open the gate!
Love ya,
Mom
Thanks for the tip, mom. You know my Jonny-curious and fearless. We figured the gate would at least slow him down a bit, though. ;)
Hey, I want a Nannie around my house! So I did great for 4weeks, and now I had cake and Icecream for a birthday party. Oh, well, I just won't go seeking any sweets and no more buys 12 pks of diet pepsi for easy access at home. MISS YOU
I'm with Jon and Emily, empty apartments are super fun!
That would be awesome to have babysitters right there! What nice girls!
Congrats on the babysitting tenants. I love all the posts I just read. That's so awesome that you took those lovely ladies to the temple open house, I'm sure they could feel the peace of it, too. And I'm way jealous of your Zoo pass! The Hogle Zoo is such a great zoo, that's so much fun that you can take the kids whenever you want to, now.
Post a Comment