Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shining Stars Preschool Christmas Program

I don't include a lot of pictures from my preschool classes on our family blog since I have a private preschool blog just for the parents of my students. But I did want to share some fun pictures from the Christmas Program. It was held in my living room instead of the preschool room so that there would be more seating. Here's my Tuesday/Thursday morning class singing "Jingle Bells."

(Just a note: Wade made that great sign in the background. When I saw it, I was very grateful, but I did notice he forgot the "h" in preschool. I was freaking out at first since my English teachers, Ms. Pilkington and Ms Schweitzer, trained me that way, but I don't know if anyone at the program noticed or even cared.)"Jingle 'round the rosies
pocket full of posies
ashes, ashes
we all fall down!
Jingle Bells!"
singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
My Tuesday/Thursday afternoon class
Singing "Frosty the Snowman" with their very own snowman puppets
"Once There Was a Snowman"
It's impossible for them to end the song "Once There Was a Snowman" without falling on top of each other. They're either really sweet and cuddly or just good wrestlers! haha (Another side note: Salote was out of town the entire month of December, so Emily was the only girl in class, and boy, did we miss her. The boys tried to turn the class into a war zone without her sweet influence. We're glad you're back Salote!)
My Friday class dancing around the room with teddybears on our heads for "Teddybear Playhouse"
It was a successful program where most of my students participated with enthusiasm and more importantly, just had fun (especially singing the last song, "Jingle Bell Rock"!)

9 comments:

Traciannee said...

Looks like a fun program! Great job~

Kathy said...

Woah-you've been busy blogging! And playing! Fun program, fun birthday outing, fun dance recital, etc. Your preschool looks like a great place for the kiddos. Way to go! And I am glad you have a new workout partner...it makes a huge difference!
Keep it up. :)

---- said...

Looks like your preschool is doing great! I bet it is a lot of work and fun! I love that Wade spelled preschool wrong on the giant sign! Maybe he needed a teacher like you when it came to spelling lessons! ha ha

Carlos said...

Looks like fun! I bet the kids love having you as their teacher!

Brandi said...

hey, I will get the email that we talked about done and send it to you on MONDAY- My mom and tom are coming today and are taking the kids for the week, so on Monday, I will have all the UNINTERUPTED TIME that I need to get that done:)

The Lively's said...

You are such a great teacher! Wish you were closer!!!!!

kate said...

Fun!! Looks like an awesome job!

Nikki said...

Hey Catherine, Looks like a fun day! We are going to give Kim a baby shower a week from Saturday and wanted to send you an evite. Do you have an email address that I can send it to? Do you also have one for Margaret? If you do, can you send them to me at enaprett@juno.com? Thanks! Hope things are well. Nikki Prettyman

Emily said...

This is the song in my head right now: "Oh where, oh where has my Catherine gone? Oh where, oh where can she be?" You haven't posted in a long time, I assume because you have two adorable kids that take up all your time, but when you do post, I promise I'll comment again! ;-)