Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Celebrating New Years St. George style

Since we spent Thanksgiving in St. George, we weren't originally planning on going down over Christmas break, but Wade had some business appointments and the kids were dying to ride their new bikes and couldn't in our cold weather, so we headed south to sunny St. George. I really do love living in Salt Lake with the four seasons, but it's fun to visit a place in the winter that looks like this...
Beautiful, eh?
Em did not stop riding her bike the entire trip!
Steve and Stacie had our family for Christmas, and they made Emily SO happy surprising her with her first pair of dress up shoes.
And Jonny is still playing catch with me on a daily basis with the ball set they gave him. They gave Wade and me a beautiful framed picture of the Resurrected Christ. We love it!
Wade had no idea my mom and dad were giving him a GPS for Christmas. He's having so much fun with his new toy! I just think it's hilarious when he uses it to find the house next door.
On New Year's Eve, we put the kiddos to bed, and my parents kept an eye on them while Wade and I enjoyed First Night. Brandi was awesome dancing with the Zumba girls. Proud of you sunshine! And we also bumped into Katie's younger sister, Lizzie, which made me smile so big because she reminds me of Katie, who I miss a ton since she lives in Tennessee.
As is tradition in our family, we went for a hike on New Year's day. Wade couldn't resist jumping for joy being with his lover girl.
Aspen and Emily
Finally, here's some comedy relief for you
Who is that poser nerd? Sheesh!

4 comments:

Trav and Britt said...

oh catherine, i just love you! i like your pose, that's a good one! hey does jonny suck on the tassels on his blanket too?? have i told you about aiden's blanket that's tied like that, the tassels are seriously like a foot long now because he sucks on them, it's totally disgusting! ha ha! and i definitely think we need to plan another treehouse trip, and i've been thinking we need to have an american idol party too! love you tons! :)

Katie Leigh said...

And I miss you from Tennessee! I meant to call you back the other night, but I didn't have time. Darn schoolwork! Maybe this weekend?

The Mursets said...

Tyler is the same way about the GPS, it is hilarious. I know he knows where we are going (like to his parents house) but he HAS to use the GPS...men!

Lois said...

Cute pics. It was really fun having you come down then and again a week & a half ago. Hug those cute kids for me!
Mom