Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Retreat

I love being the young women's leader with the cool red van. The girls all want me to drive them home after activities and turn up the music on my stereo. It's a good thing most of them like country because you know I enjoy my Carrie, JoDee, and Martina! The cool red van was especially useful last month when we drove up to Heber to stay at the Rasmussen's cabin for a weekend retreat because we could fit so many of us in it. Yeah!

Apples to Apples, always a fav (still laughing about the time we played with the young men...they were so immature!)
Our morning devotional was amazing! Marianne Jones showed us a homemade quilt, explaining that each quilt piece represented a part of her life. She pointed to a beautiful purple and blue square that represented the time she slapped her younger sister when they were kids. She said, "You would think that piece would be dark and ugly because it was such a dark and ugly experience. But that's the the wonder of the atonement. I went to my Savior and he helped me feel true sorrow and make amends with my sister. So that piece is as beautiful as it is because of all I learned from it." So powerful! Zoe, Allie, Melanie, and Sage getting ready to go sledding
Crazy Sister Reed racing down the hill on the little black sled
PS) I don't miss Primary as much anymore...this is way too much fun!
Seriously though, this retreat was exactly what I needed. I had some really good time to think and mediate and figure things out spiritually. And while I was away, Wade made the kids Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast and took them to the Zoo. He really enjoyed his daddy time with them. We're both already looking forward to my next weekend retreat, BYU Women's Conference next month!

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Awesome. I love YW's. And I miss it.

Kathy said...

Looks like a blast! Good times.

Sweet post by Wade, too. :) You are pretty great.

Tyson & Gina said...

Ok you would be the coolest YW leader ever! I'll try to remember to leave lots of comments on your blog. I love them too. It's fun to know that people care about what's going on huh? As soon as we find out if we really get our house we're going to buy an annual Thanksgiving Point pass and we'll see if they have some sort of buddy thing like your zoo passes. Can't wait! :D